Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Antong Offline OP
OP Offline

More than four years ago now I was injured at work. I was carrying a piece of wood and the sharp corner of it was driven into the left side of my abdomen when I stumbled. There was no visible bruise at the time, but it must have hit a very sensitive area as years on, it is still causing me grief. I have an excellent and very experienced TCM doctor, who says that my main problems are blood stasis, liver stagnation and excess heat (judging from my skin it seems to be mainly heat in the stomach meridian). I have been doing Spring Forest Qigong regularly for a few years, I have consistently taken herbs and have had a quite a lot of acupuncture. Whilst the healing has certainly come a long way, it seems I still have a way to go.

I have been advised to concentrate on the Breathing of the Universe, Harmony of the Universe and Seven Steps exercises, and these exercises make up my regular practice.

I have pain in the place where I was struck, there is definitely blood stasis there. But I also have a LOT of stagnation in my left shoulder, and around the left side of my lower back. My doctor has explained that this stagnation is in the shou points of the blood and liver, and I can feel that the three main sites of discomfort are connected. When one is stimulated, the others are too. During acupuncture my doctor inserts the biggest needles he has into my shoulder and back, and I barely feel a thing, which gives you an idea of the level of the stagnation.

I'm looking for further advice on things I could do to accelerate the healing. When I lie in bed I can feel that certain positions and stretches seem to stimulate things and get the areas of stagnation moving. I'd love to learn some particular stretches that would be of assistance. Any other advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently taking a formula designed for my by my doctor to move blood, move qi and clear heat. It's effective but I also find it makes me feel quite tired, so I'm not taking much of it. From what I have heard this side effect is not unusual for formulas that clear excess heat and move blood. I have previously also taken Yunnan Baiyao powder, which is recommended for injuries. I have previously used San Qi (Panax Notoginseng) to help an earlier injury, but I'm baulking at trying it again as it is not recommended for those with excess Heat and Yin deficiency (of which I have both).

Again, any ideas you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Great.

When you bounce before your exercises, what doesn't jiggle? Than it, and see if you can give it permission to jiggle with everything else when you bounce.

Where do you find blockages when you stand in from of a mirror and detect?

Sprinkle in the Small Universe meditation and Self Concentration exercise.

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved