Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#83697 01/08/15 02:46 PM
OP Offline

I am considering buying a property near the harbor in my town. It is in a flood zone and if I build, I will need to raise the house 6 feet off the ground. What will that do to the Feng Shui? Any suggestions?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Here's a response from Wendy Greer, a Feng Shui coach at Learning Strategies:

Quote:
The biggest concern would be lack of foundational grounding beneath the structure. This came up in one of Marie’s teleseminars when someone was renting a room above a garage.

Here were her specific recommendations in that circumstance:

What do you need to do if you have a bedroom or office over a garage?
In this case you would have an emptiness beneath you and are missing foundation and grounding. Make sure that the carpet or tile that you use has an earthy feel to it so it feels grounding. You could also add fire to enhance the earth. Keep the garage as clean and organized as possible (remember that energy radiates in all directions). Also be sure that you are not sitting or sleeping on top of the heater, washer, dryer, etc. which create an energetic, electro-magnetic disturbance. Use lots of plants and greens if an office or pictures of flowers and nature images in the bedroom.

The other concern would be a potential imbalance of the elements with that much water around them. I would suggest they use a fair bit of interior wood to weaken the water and earth to control it if they decide to go ahead with this project.

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved