Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82996 04/03/14 05:27 PM
Nisk197 Offline OP
OP Offline

Does anybody have any useful methods of flipping pages? I mean im just doing it like i would generally, but since starting to photoread i'm noticing more wear and tear on my books from the excessive page turning and sometimes it will go as far as 2 or 3 pages flip all at once and i have to go back.

Nisk197 #83005 04/04/14 11:00 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Prepare the books properly before you start flipping the pages. Which will include fanning the pages of a new or library book as they are often stuck together from being packed.

When turning the pages. Assuming you're reading a book in the western language. Start with the index finger near the gutter, The pages are more separated there than they are on the right corner. Slide the index finger toward the corner, you should notice the pages separating, you can help this with a slight upward push on the page with your thumb.

Don't try picking up the pages from the corner of the book, start top middle and slide across to separate the pages.

If two or 3 pages stick together ignore it, just keep going. People sleep through more pages of a book with the traditional reading method. You'll be able to capture those missed pages with activation or another PhotoRead if you're PhotoReading more than once (which I only consider necessary for textbooks or subjects that one finds difficult or new).

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved