Print Thread
#74641 12/29/09 04:34 PM
OP Offline

Can anyone tell me the major differences between them?

Reiki is another energy healing system. Many people love it and some people (even here on this forum) use both SFQ and Reiki.

My personal feeling is the major difference between a system like Reiki and SFQ, is that there is more of an emphasis on personal practice in SFQ and other forms of Qigong. Reiki begins with more emphasis on healing others and becoming a "Reiki Master".

I am sure all energy healing systems are good... if one does them.

The real difference between any of these systems is you. Which one will you do? Which one speaks to you and seems either easier or at least easier to fit into your schedule and opens a door for you.

For me, once I open up to energy systems and healing, everyone and their sister begin to show me all these other, or better, or additional systems.

At 53 years old, I have been there, done that, saw the movie, rented the video, and wore the t-shirt. And there is no "bad" implied here. But for me, personally, it now all about focus. What is the best way to focus my time, resources and energy for the best results?

SFQ is fairly easy to learn and can be learned from the home study materials sold here. I am not sure if that is true with Reiki. I suspect that one needs to learn Reiki from a teacher.

If so, there is another difference.

Qigong usually begins with a few simple exercises and mediations. And you work mostly on healing yourself. Many forms of qigong only allow or teach a practitioner how to help heal others after years of practice and development. Sometimes even then, they say don't do it (I am certified as a teacher in form that did teach a similar technique that we learn and teach here, using "Swordfingers" and only after taking three levels of seminars and then being certified as a teacher and then my teacher admonished us never to use it except for emergencies!

She was respecting the teachers in that form and that is what they taught.

Master Lin still focuses in Level I on healing yourself, but already introduces the "Swordfingers" technique to help heal others right there in that beginner's course. Master Lin's meditations and intuition opened him up to the truth that as long as one allows the love, kindness and forgiveness of the UNiverse to energize and move through, there is no harm, no foul.

I am told there is a personal practice in Reiki, but I believe the emphasis is on healing others from the beginning.

Use your intuition, and feel what the difference is FOR YOU. That is all that matters. Pick a practice, invest in it and stick with it.

All the issues about major differences etc, are interesting, but the main thing is to pick one, and jump in.

There are YouTube videos that teach the first few SFQ exercises. Go there, try them out, see if you like the energy of the practice and the teacher.

Hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve
MMO Offline

I know many people with positive experience with Reiki, but also lots of them with negative experiences( like I am sick since Reiki ) . So I guess it is individual .
It is different how people react to energy, so one could try just a little of energy at first, and then build up gradually if everything is fine .
One issue is that some reiki masters can also transmit some lower vibrating energies to the clients, because they are not pure enough. So it may be important which technique you choose, and which master or practitioner !

Very famous Russian healer SN Lazarev in his books ( karmic medicine) is quite critical about Reiki (similar with many other healing approaches) as he states that developing more love generally and especially more love towards God is most important for healing. Being to critical about others, being to ambitious,to possesive or being a perfectionist may cause diseases which will not heal if one does not change his personality in a positive way. I do not want to scare anybody, but he also states that some Reiki healers cure themselves, but that they have actually only transfered their disease to their children. What I want to say is that there may be more to different healing systems that meets the eye and that things get more complex if one can see the whole picture ( SN Lazarev seems to have intense clairvision) .
Also Master Chuny Lin states that a good healer must have love and compassion, so this is in line with what Lazarev says.

MMO #74700 01/04/10 03:32 PM

Thank you, MMO, that was very clarifying and very helpful (at least for me). I feel some of those things in regards to the Reiki world (and not to the Reiki system by itself, since I know very little about that). I just want to be positive here and yet try to at least point in the right direction.

And here, you did a better job of that!

Yes, it is all about the love, kindness and forgiveness with compassion that Master Lin talks about, no matter what system one uses.

I just personally feel that is more easily available (for me) using SFQ. I don't feel that opening with Reiki or with other qigong schools that I have learned about (and with the latter, unlike with Reiki, I have some considerable experience, being certified to teach in another school of qigong and having learned and practiced many hours in other schools/systems).

I am not saying these other energy systems to not have such good loving healing available. On the contrary, I think as MMO clearly states, it has more to do with the level of the healer using these techniques.

Rather, I am simply saying in my limited experience, SFQ has been the best doorway for me to experience these higher states of love, kindness and forgiveness.

I really appreciate MMO bringing Lazarev and his ideas here, as I have been interested in his writings anyway.

A healthy, happy, loving New Year and Decade to us all!

blessings,

Steve
MMO Offline

Hallo,
Indeed it is interesting stuff !

Really we should not expect any problems if one practices qigong.

But if one has more serious health problems, one might need a good practitioner to speed up things. I have perceived that even best practitioners would have amazing results ( miracles) on some patients, and absolutely no result on some other patients. Some problems are simply not easy to treat.

I have discussed Reiki, because many people have told me their experience with it. Sometimes interesting things happen. One women had breast cancer. She received Reiki, the cancer was gone, but she started to have hallucinations. I do not know what happened later, was she cured from that also or not. But it seems that there was a shift in energy, or some energetic infiltration.

It seems that some people have problems after reiki, whatever the reason. Maybe the changes caused by Reiki can bring the person out of balance ? It seems that people that have tendency to be unstable tend to have such reactions . Also there may be some relationship problem between client and practitioner ? This all can happen with other methods also, it is not specific for Reiki.

I also know of many cures with Reiki !!

I have mentioned the SN Lazarev ( famous healer) and I do recommend his books , but it seems that for some people those books are too radical ( he states that a person should not be too attached to worldy things and values, and that relationships between people should be based on divine feelings, not so much on wordly issues and emotions ) . Love is most important for him, and abandoning the person you love to go with the guy that is rich might cause health problems in the whole family line ( children, grandchildren...) . So if a child is sick it might be that grandmother was not following her heart. It is a different way to look at disease, but it is quite in line with modern psychology.
Many readers report changes and healings from reading his books.

The world of healing is as complex ( or as simple) as life itself, but love is certainly the master healer !

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved