Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Thanks, Oxygen!

Well, hopefully TomTOM found the help and encouragement he needed.
I think once people relax and release their expectations, then it really starts to work.
Same could be said about anything else in life.

Best,

HF

WOW! YOu have come a long
long way, hartreefoch.
I remember when you were really struggling.
Your post regarding skitterring while
simultaneously PRing was very helpful!
I now do not get worried that I accidentally, start reading
(skitterring) when I am doing a third or fourth PR
layering, as that may actually be the conscious mind
telling me it is time to skitter. Of course, I would be concerned
if I am skitterring on the first initial PR, as that would defeat the purpose of PR.

Your positive attitude is an inspiration.
I hope you and TomTom have continued success!

raleigh

Thanks, raleigh!

Well, let's hope TomTOM will be able to tell a similar story in the near future

Best to you, too.

HF

hartreefoch #57031 11/24/06 06:01 PM
TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey everybody, thank you for all the kind words and valuable suggestions!
i've finished the 5 day test, still no recall.
Now, I am trying to adjust my own expectation and reading the book again to follow the whole process.
As I mentioned, I can't see the blip page and have some problems with attention focus.so I tried to practice more on the photoreading step. i have a question: whenever I try to use diverged view , i see that the text on the book become larger and clearer. however there still isn't a blip page appeared, can anybody tell me am I on the right track to see the blip page(photofocus)? and what should I do to see it ? thank you!!!

TomTOM #57032 11/24/06 06:30 PM

TomTOM

Seeing the blip page is not necessary to being able to photoread. One thing that I have constantly suggested to others with the same problem is to look an 1/2 inch to 1 inch above and beyond the top of the book at a specific spot or thing off into the distance. You will still have both pages of the book in your peripheral and the blip will be there. I prefer photoreading this way instead of looking into the center crease of the book. Also this way help when I'm turning pages and chanting and when I miss pages. When I was staring into the crease and I miss pages, that would throw my chant off, then I would stumble with the page turning. Why? because I was looking into the crease and then frustration and tension. By looking over the top of the book for me, this doesn't happen anymore. I'm more relaxed and I turn pages faster because I am not actual looking at the book and it doesn't bother me. Try it! I hope that you find success.

3DLifestyle #57033 11/24/06 06:35 PM
TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

thank you guy, a very interesting approach. however, i really want to see the blip page( no matter it's important or not), consider it kind of challenge and intersting thing, so ... would anyone please provide any suggestion on that? thank you! btw. i have no problem with the cocktail winnie, and I can see the stereogram if i move my head really close to the picture and then move back.

Last edited by TomTOM; 11/24/06 06:36 PM.
TomTOM #57034 11/24/06 06:47 PM

TomTOM

I've provided you with that. Even when looking over and beyond the top of the book, the blip will appear...... You will see it in your peripheral....... Remember to use a soft gaze and "VOILA". There it is.

TomTOM Offline OP
OP Offline

well, sorry I didn't make my question clear about the blip page.
my current way is: looking at the center crease of the book, try to make my focus very far(like x-ray), and gradually I will see the page become closer, bigger and clearer.(floating to my eye. but i just can't see the blip page(a small rounded page in the center as decribed in the book). am I doing the thing correctly?

btw. I tried 3dlifestyle's method, but can't see the blip page either.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Tom Your belief that you must see the blip page is seriously hindering you activation. As a PhotoReading instructor I can assure you the Blip page is just nice but not necessary.

What is necessary is a relaxed approach.Something you are not doing. The blip page will disappear always every time for a beginner. Because you try to hard focus on the words. Turn the book over and just spend two to three minutes flipping the pages with the chant and just notice the pattern of white as it passes your eyes.

More important than the blip page is a steady rhythm and the chant.

Now .. the Five day test and the no Memory problem.

PhotoReading does not create a photographic memory. It allows you to PhotoRead the text and look for a deeper understanding of the information that you have PhotoRead. With activation you're looking for answers to your mind probing question. It is impossible to build a mind map if you're not understanding the information to some degree. So you're negating the results you've been getting (you said you mind mapped) Therefore you were building conscious comprehension.

Alex

Actually I have something to talk with this topic...but my computer broke down when every time I enter photoreading forum……(I don’t know why......may be personal problem.)

About the blip page, I thought it is not important at all. I learned the Photoreading Wholemind System for about 3 months and this is my first time to concern about the “blip page” you mentioned. Yes, this is my first time to concern about the “blip page” after I saw your topic. But days before I have achieved 70% of comprehension for a psychology book which I never see it or read it before I photoread it. I even do not know anything about the psychology before I photoread that book. So even for me, I never care about the “blip page” but I can achieved 70% comprehension by photoread a book.

About the recall, I thought we better do not think anything about recall before we learn a book. Actually, I tested photoreading for many times in my learning and I realized that everything I decided to recall anything after my learning before I learn something, I cannot recall many things after I learned something. However, when I tried not to recall and just enjoy the learning, I can recall many things after I learned something. I thought this is because when I decided to recall, I try to memorize it and this really weaken my understanding as I put too much effort on my memorization. At last, I do not understand anything and do not memorize anything and do not recall anything.

About the comprehension, I agreed with Alex’s words. We really need comprehension to draw a mindmap. This is same with asking a question as we know much we can ask detailed question and harder question. So if you really know much you can draw a mindmap with detailed contents. And it is impossible for a person to draw a mindmap without any 'recall' and 'activation' .

Well this is the first time I saw Alex strengthened her status as a Photoreading Instuctor to teach others about Photoreading……:D

Last edited by kunagi; 12/01/06 07:27 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved