Print Thread
#64718 03/17/08 10:16 PM
Stella Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello
I went onto the Marie Diamond website and in one of her articles she discussed a vision board. She said to "place an image in the NW of the vision board (bottom right)".

I am confused because I would have thought NW would be middle left ?

Do I have all my directions mixed up ? I have been using a compass in the rooms of my home and am confident of the directions but on a board, surely North would be the top middle of the board ? I must have something wrong.

Stella

In using a compass in Feng Shui, north is at the bottom of the page and south is at the top, completely opposite of what we are used to with north being at the top and south at the bottom. That's probably why you are confused.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Stella,

It actually has to do with Landscape Feng Shui

In Level One, P.52 she talks about the dragon/tiger/phoenix/turtle. In Level Two, P13 she shows you how that lays out on your computer screen(or business card, vision board, etc)

Much Love,

Shawn

Stella Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for the advice but this now makes me unsure if I have been using my compass correctly for my home. For example, in my bedroom - I stand in the middle of the room, point the arrow on the flat plastic section of the compass towards - say the wall with the window on it - I then position the red part of the swinging arm to line up with the North Arrow on the Circular part of the compass by turning it around. I can then see that the wall is in the South West.

Should this also be the opposite, or is it as the compass shows ?
I am sure I followed what the CD said to do so I am assuming the vision board is done differently. I hope so otherwise I have moved my bed to the wrong spot !

Stella

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Stella,

It sounds like you are doing your measurements correctly in your home and rooms.

Just use the landscape perspective for vision boards, computer screens, business cards, and balance the tiger/dragon-phoenix/turtle of your landscape as mentioned in my previous post.

Much Love,

Shawn

In my office what is the best place to postion my vision board? I would think it is in one of my best directions but visually where I can see it most often might not be in a direction that is best.

Also, my wife is going to start a vision board so we want to know if placing the board where it can be best seen will work best even if it is not in one of our best directions.

I started an ad hoc vision board on a file cabinet in the closet and recently purchase a posted board to transfer those items. This way I can see the board always not jsut when openning the closet for files and such.

What to do?

Dave

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha GilletteD,

Well, I'd think if your desk was facing a good direction for you, you'd see the vision board easily, since you'd want to place it in one of your best directions.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved