Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
muahhhh Offline OP
OP Offline

hello. Im korean student working to learn PR cause i want to get more comfortable with written materials. I am writing this because i have a question. i am studying for the job i want to be. and i have seen textbooks i need to get passed so many times that i can memorize them(i wish). here is the thing. in the book Photo reading, you cannot be reading specific texts in previewing. because it could be the same strategy you read normally. but i've read them already.. is it have to be new materials to get benefit of photo reading?
im just a beginner, so im not gonna saying that "if i photoread this textbooks, i can pass this test this time." i will practice with lots of materials. but whether or not i get this ability before the test, i just want to get photofocused and flip the pages. i might get some eureka moment during the test, right?

thanks for reading.

Last edited by muahhhh; 02/12/16 09:37 AM.

Hello Muahhhh,

First let me start by saying Photoreading is not about developing a photographic memory. People sometimes confuse that they think I just photoread the textbook and that is all I have to do I do not have to study I do not have to activate.

Ah ACTIVATE that is what I noticed was missing from your post. For you to master the material in the textbook you need to bring the material you photoread to your conscious mind and that is exactly the reason we activate we want to use the conscious mind to to accomplish our purpose and speaking of purpose what is your purpose why do you want to master the textbook? You want to master the textbook so you can do what?????? And what happens after you master the textbook? What happens then?

As to does Photoreading work on material you already read Think of it this way You already have the information from the textbook operating on a conscious level by photoreading you then have the material from the textbook operating on a other than conscious level and a conscious level which in turn accelerates the learning curve.

Tony Buzan Mind-Mapping Creator and author of the book the Mind-Mapping book once shared that when walking through a grassy field at first it might be more difficult but after many times walking through the same field it gets easier. I think the same principle applies or works on activating a textbook through multiple passes.

Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoRead the books often, and upside down, that will stop you from re-reading material you are already familiar with.

Activation, look for what you've missed during traditional reading. I've found it's easy to re-read a book and miss exactly the same tiny clue. Activating that same book after PhotoReading (upside down for good measure) the parts what I was missing were getting my attention, loud and clear.

Alex

muahhhh Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you guys it helped me. those are what i wanted. I will photoread and activate. im pring 3 books a day and playing with this system not pushing. Can't wait to see the result!!!

You're welcome and have a great day.

Photoread4me.

Don't just PhotoRead, activate as well.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved