Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84494 02/07/16 11:39 AM
Lorno Offline OP
OP Offline

3 years ago I bought the photoreading course and I was very disappointed that the dictionary game didn't work for me. I tried to photoread and activate some books, but it felt like I was just understanding limited parts of books that I consciously glimpsed over. I tried to play with some dreams, but dream didn't seem relevant to books I photoread. I guess I became afraid that I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything with photoreading, so I stopped. I was also doubting the system actually works.

Right now, however, I have tons of reading materials that are stacked up and would really like to get through them. Therefore, I'm giving the system another try right now without much success.

Here are my questions:

What can I do if I have doubts concerning the system?

Is the photoreading a skill that requires considerable amount of time to master?

What else should I do to be proficient in photoreading?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Dictionary game didn't work for me either. It's a game.

The 5 steps of the system are
Prepare,
Preview,
PhotoRead
Postview,
Actvate.

Limit the time you spend on previewing to 60 seconds 90 seconds for huge textbooks. That stops getting pre-conceived ideas about the book.

Most importantly check your purpose. Reread the chapter on purpose from the PhotoRead book.

To get over your doubt I recommend starting on that very chapter of the book. Decide what your purpose is for learning PhotoReading.

Once you've decided that proceed from there. Be playful as you experiment with the techniques as you go through the course.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved