Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ipc33 Offline OP
OP Offline

Dear Alex

I feel I'm not able to organize myself well. I feel I waste time (escapism) on thinking & doing activities that don't serve me. I have a lot of positive plans to do but keep delaying them. I want to organize myself better in thinking better & also sticking to my plans of action but something holds me back. I think it's a fear holding me back (of success?) or procrastination or avoidance. I think deep down I feel I'm not in control or if I do, something will happen that'll ruin it all. I find it difficult to focus & am overwhelmed as I've got so much to do! For example I have to do Holosync meditations, Paraliminals, another course I've just started & other meditations & morning routines I've established which I find I can't always stick to. I'd like to know how to get myself organised.
I have the following Paraliminals:
Anxiety free-automatic pilot-fresh start-letting go-loving law of attraction-new history-new option-power thinking-prosperity-self-esteem-self-discipline-simplicity-you deserve it.

I was thinking of Self-discipline & New Option but how do I set the intentions?
I think possibly I might need Conscious Time Paraliminal?

Thank you. smile

ipc33 Offline OP
OP Offline

PS. I think part of the problem is that I'm always having something to worry about. Always find sth negative to focus on, always looking over my shoulder & feeling insecure. This takes up much of my focus & concentration.

Learning Strategies Admin

Procrastination is also self preservation to save yourself from getting it wrong. One of the symptoms of procrastination is waiting until you feel you're ready. It's ideal to procrastinate and wait until the light changes fully to green before putting your foot on the accelerator, since some drivers put in that last minute burst to get through before (or just after) the light turns red. So don't look at procrastination as a bad thing. Look to know why you are putting off what you know you could be doing.

I recommend doing the Natural Brilliance course if you find yourself doing things like, I won't wash the car today, it might rain, and there is only a small white cloud in an otherwise clear blue sky.

If you're procrastinating in joining a gym for example, have a look at the safety surrounding that, are you picking up that you're putting yourself at risk because the gym is in a risky environment? The equipment old not that well maintained? Sometimes we intuitively pick up information like that procrastinate and don't recognise the real service our procrastination is providing. Use the Intuition Paraliminal to start understand the whys and New Options Generator to find alternative ways to work that project.

Or if you're "lazy" not bothered, what's the point - procrastinating, then that is a self-esteem issue. You don't think you'll measure up, to pass the exam, get that job. You probably recall past experience where you did everything right but didn't reach the perceived goal.

Self-Esteem Supercharger is the Paraliminal to use that and New History Generator if you can pick times in your past where you felt you didn't measure up in spite of your best effort.

There is no success in life, nor is there failure. It's all just an experience. Your choice to make the experiences fun or like dragging a ball chain, through the mud (though I know more challenging ways to drag a chain).

There is only experience, you can use that idea with a few Paraliminal at play.

And if you're going to procrastinate anyway. May I suggest you procrastinate with a nice Paraliminal instead of cleaning the garage to avoid doing your homework?

Alex

ipc33 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Alex. That makes perfect sense. What you mentioned about procrastination is so refreshing as a lot of other teachers keep saying you must not procrastinate & intuitively it didn't resonate with my truth. A seed doesn't just turn into a flower or a tree! It goes through the stages. Although there's a time to take action also which I'm afraid of (fear of change).

PS. Yes I intend to do that (doing a nice Paraliminal) but i dither & suddenly I've wasted a few hours.
Or for example I do visualisations morning & evening which should take 10 minutes at the most but would take me longer as my mind starts wandering.
I then regret it & intend to do better next time but the same thing happens over & over!!

No regrets. Try doing your visualisations out loud. It keeps the mind from wandering.

When we look as procrastination as the bad guy we start fighting it. And that's where we fall down.

In procrastinating, we are resisting what we determine would be in our better interest to do. Like procrastinating about going on a diet, not eating ice-cream right now we eat ice-cream. We usually blame lack of will power where we are actually procrastinating (resisting the diet).

In other areas we sometimes call that resistance procrastinating, so now we fight (resist)that procrastination. You're resisting that you're resisting... how can the original problem be addressed? (I think we are all terrific politicians when I look at that sentence). The original item isn't getting the any attention now. We wind up in conflict with ourselves. And what we resist must persist. So procrastination will persist as long as we keep seeing it as the enemy and our original project is being resisted because we're too busy looking at the wrong end of the stick.

I don't look at procrastination as a bad thing. Procrastination just means we are resisting and we need to appreciate that we are doing that.

Alex

ipc33 Offline OP
OP Offline

Ok thank you kindly Alex. Acceptance is very simple yet powerful.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved