Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Hi cosmo.Just checked in the forum today.Dont sweat it .if its not working dont force yourself.you know to read in the normal way so continue doing it.Do the activation for 20 mins daily on 1 non fiction book.you will generate your own ideas and get a hang of the system.Here are some milestones to help you out to know that you are getting a good hold of the system.You will be able to get the entire pattern of the book ,like a giant mind map of the book and know where the major information lies in the book.Its not the same as knowing th econtent of the book.You will get a good feel that you know the book.You will see yourself applying the system when you watch movies ,when you read magazines ,when you read a novel when you learn something knew.The mind map and structuring a book will be second nature to you and then you will get good at relevance and irrelevance of information.
Thats my feel.My experience.
Dont sweat too much if you are not getting it you are not getting it.
I am teaching my 5 year old before numbers and after nos.She gets after nos correctly but before nos she doesnt get it .I have tried many days .Yesterday she suddenly got it when i started playing a game with her.She made the connection.
So learnign is getting that connection.The analogy is to tell you that learnign something new is making that connection.Dont take all our inputs as the holy grail .Even if you get frustrated and blame all of us its ok.relax.let go and study in your normal way.Take 20 mins of activation daily and see.
All the best.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Trying... doesn't work. That's why we struggle.

I keep asking you to work more on books not relating to your studies so that you will just let go and do.

As long as you're stressing while doing the activation you are evaluating what you're doing (trying to get it right) while you're doing it.

Why not just do it and let it be wrong if it's going to be wrong?

If you're going to ignore the advise to do it on other books not relating to school work it's going to take longer to learn both the PhotoReading system and the subject. It's like learning to build a skateboard and learning to do skateboard stunts on a board that hasn't been completely built. Do it more with text you don't have so much invested in.

Letting go and learning the you'll build the body mind connection that point you to answers to the questions. You also start asking better questions because the body mind connection see a better question to be answered in the txt.

On school work. Asking the instructor is not asking a third person to help you with you're learning, you're asking the first person. The one who will be testing you.

School work usually involves textbooks, PhotoRead textbooks more often, the 10 minutes or so a day you invest for a couple of weeks does pay off

Activating textbooks. I've posted this so often it's not funny anymore.

Note the chapters to be activated, prior to activation, PhotoRead the two chapters before and two chapters following the required chapter before activation. (Usually 5 chapters and that takes about 2 minutes)

Now I recommend you spend 2 minutes postviewing the core chapter. Form one or two questions (not more) for the chapter. And then continue to activate for the remainder of the activation period. If you're working on your own in your own study period do not exceed 20 minutes. At the end of the 20 minutes do a quick review of the mind map... If you're not mind mapping you're not really preparing your resources for exams on the subject.

And if you're not reviewing, you will forget 60% of what you learned in the first 24 hours. By the end of the week you'll be lucky to remember 20%. Review your mind map 2 to 3 minutes once a day and you retain the bulk of what you studied in recent memory. When you review, pay attention to what's gone missing, build the memory web to make it easier to pull up into memory.

Most important.

Use a timer

Those who have the most difficulty learning the PhotoReading
system are not stopping their activation layers with a timer.

Alex

cosmo.
that's why i used my daughters learning experience analogy,the method to get the knowledge will not change.there is no other way.we simply keep searching for more.Alex must have posted this advise in so many forums ,its up to you to keep trying and not getting "tired of trying".cause when you make the connection thats it ,it's yours!!!we dont know why some people take many days and months to understand anything and some people take very little time to learn.i find it very hard to learn languages but maths ,i just needed my teacher to tell me once and zap i had it ,i knew how to use it.I dont know why ?i am not great genius and i have not contributed to society but some things we get it and something we dont.the best thing is to believe and keep trying and keep reviewing your experiments asking yourself did i learn, did some words get me the whole meaning of a para ,of a page ,of a text ,did i get the answer to my question?how is all this text structured ?how is the main idea being dealt?what themes are being explained here?a few words, a sentence will answer that and that's it that's what opens up an entire text for us.And you do it again and agian and again till its second nature.hope this helps!!!

Cosmo,

You said;

"You dont understand what kind of mental trauma a struggler goes through, do you?"

Go back and read the post I did on 05-29-15 the post that you choose to ignore and did not even respond or reply to. That post talked about how fear, stress or pressure and worry interfere with learning. I gave you that information to help you because as Paul Scheele the creator of the Photoreading
Whole Mind system knew and understood fear and stress and worry interferes with learning. I suggest you go over the Prepare step and read about entering the ideal state for reading.

You said;

I was advised to ask instructor for questions, because of which I went on obtaining the questions. Why rely on third person for my reading goals otherwise!?

The whole point of this forum is about helping people I have been helping people on this forum for 12 years as far back as 2003. What were you doing 12 years ago?

As for not relying on a third person you lose so much there is a wealth of information that other photoreaders have that could help you. Do you think you are too good to talk to other photoreaders.

Let me give you a classic example Adarsh who is a great photoreader who cares about other people and wants other people to experience and enjoy the success he is enjoying sends you a post and you do not even respond!!!!!!

I would highly recommend you do a search on Adarsh on the photoreading forum he has fantastic advice that will help you to succeed.

You said;

You would have understood my problem and the context of my questions if you followed some previous posts. You didn't read it properly, did you!?

I read all your posts and I saw Alex giving you great advice and you not listening and not applying her advice then you go and make these declarations Photoreading does not work or it does not work for me the reason it is not working for you is you are not applying the techniques correctly.

Cosmo,

One thing that is extremely important is your attitude.

Having the right attitude makes all the difference in the world between success or failure.

You said;

I never ignored any advice. I just cant afford to. This system is not working for me and I am working to make it work for me.

Read the Photoreading book this is not about work or about working see what Paul Scheele says about work in the Photoreading book.

Well my dear we are here to help. That is what the Photoreading Forum is all about helping people to get the most out of Photoreading.

Photoread4me

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved