Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84231 07/02/15 12:11 PM
Nuggets Offline OP
OP Offline

So, I have tons upon tons of ebooks on my tablet. I've been working on photoreading for 5 days now. I reread the steps and took notes to clarify every step and I'm pretty sure I know what to do. But, I think I do have a few problems that I would like clarified.

First, the ideal learning state. I use the tangerine effect, I'm just not sure if it's working. Like in the book, I do the 3,2,1 breathing exercises and do become very relaxed. I do them anyway when I'm trying to sleep. I put the imaginary tangerine on top of my head....and I'm not sure if it's working. I'm not sure how it should feel. But, I am relaxed in a hypnotic slump, releasing all the tension in my body/mind.

Second, photofocusing. I cannot do it on demand staring at a book for the life of me. I can however produce the blip first by staring at the ground, but for a book, it's very hard to maintain. I've tried practicing on stereograms on my tablet, and it helps to an extent. What I do is stare at the border where i can see the reflection of my eyes, I then look for the reflection of my nose, and boom - the stereogram comes to life. I can maintain this while photoreading. Does it count? I've tried the 5 points, 4 corners connected with an X, it does not work for me.

Thanks for any input anyone may have!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Touch the top back part of the head, notice the sensation that you feel after you remove your hand. Now you're aware of the top back part of the head. Continue from there.

Don't stare. That's not photofocus. Soft gaze. See both pages at the same time. Use the imaginary x-technique. If it's a single page that becomes the go to technique.

Use a soft gaze. If you're able to get a blip page while PhotoReading two pages that is soft focus then that's fine for PhotoReading.

Alex

Nuggets Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you.

To clarify, I basically treat my tablet like a mirror. I gently imagine and look for my reflection. This diverges my eyes because I'm looking through my tablet and can produce a blip.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved