Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#83804 02/07/15 02:32 PM
OP Offline

Dear friends,

How are all? All fine and Good?

Coming to the main point. I have read many posts, and questions filled with curiosity. This curiosity if often answered on this forum. Some are really helpful, other put us in more confused state. Finally which leads to frustration.

The home course was made with the intent that a person would learn on his/her own. Many here seem to be those ones who have been learning from a home-course. And just some bunch who have actually spent time with an experienced photoreader. The only way people with home-course materials can resolve their problems, is by contacting this forum.

So this is what am I going to suggest. Why don’t we all communicate and help each other out. I know we do this, but to make an active engagement. We have new learners, experienced photoreaders, novices, and etc. Why don’t we have some sort of activity which engages us all in the pursuit of mastering the skill of photoreading.

I have a theory of learning, and its just of three words ‘Qui docet, discit’ (Who teaches, learns). We all might have mastered some skills which has lead us to believe that we can photoread. Probably I haven’t developed some other skills, and somebody else has it. What if we teach other these skills. Won’t we all benefit. Probably this help reaching the Learning curve quickly.

Did I say I just had one theory of learning? Wait I have one more, and that is ‘Learning by Observation’. When we come closer with one aim in our mind. We work as a whole. In order to work as one whole, we will observe others. Now how will one be able to learn, when they aren’t able to observe. Even to teach one has to observe themselves. I am aiming for such an activity in which the participants would observe and learn. Maybe from each other, or from experienced photoreader.

And my last theory. Promise. ‘Learning from mistakes’. If our observation grows, we would be able to point out our own mistakes. And learn from it. There is nothing better than self-observation. But what do we observe most, is for our mistakes in practicing the methods.

TL:DR;
So we exchange our ideas, observe others' methods, compare their methods to ours. Look where we lack the most, and improve ourselves.

So how many of us are willing to participate to something like this?

This is a tentative thing, this is something that came to me, I have been pondering over it from some while now. Anyways if anybody is interested, please write down below. If you have some suggestion please share. We can tweak the activity that fits to all. Or go with this idea.

Thank You for reading.

Sounds good! I am interested.

Stweet

Nice one.
i'm game after 2 months as i am busy in shifting my base,my house that is.
So might not have time to do lots of focused activation in the coming months except on text books for my requirements.
You may want to consider this:
Now my suggestions for people is simple. We must be clear with "What one must expect from Photo-reading" we must understand that we are always at the starting point with all books.This dawned to me after a long time.Once we acknowledge that we are kind of comfortable with activiations.Cause in general we are conditioned to start and finish a book.
The real measure of being good at photo-reading as per me is increase of confidence that you will get to understand by deciding what we want and the book will come to us quickly by doing the activation's.
That’s the kind of confidence or the evidence procedure we need in the back of our mind when we start any book. This is what we must measure consistently with more activation's. Cause the procedures and the tools don’t change with any book.
I cant prove this but this cognition has helped me a lot. Our brain is always looking at completeness ,something that tells us that its full circle,that its over.But the photoreading procedures are just the opposite its always fresh and always open ,the last set of activiations are not the same for the next book so we are always with a feeling that we are not sure or have we got it!!!we measure a lot of success by completeness, where as we need to measure with what we decide to get so that framework itself works against us and we keep getting frustrated that PRWMS is clumsy!!!
So you are always a fresher with every book you try ,there is nothing else you can carry with except getting good at activation with the book in front of u that u have decided to know and learn at the level u want .
In general these are the few directions for nonfiction which can help us, its so basic that you may laugh at it but acknowledging it really helps!!!
1. This book is not for me doesn't give me much more than i know
2. There is more base knowledge i must first work on if i have to use the information in its entirety.Or if i am not getting the answers or i am not understanding the text then there is something more i must first understand and then find books around those.
3. I have everything and then i can use this as my reference from now on
hope this helps!!!!

Hi all. I read this post a few days ago & I found it to be very interesting. I would very much like to join in as well if it's OK because I've had some interesting results from a PR point of view. How will we approach this?

GUILLAUME.

OP Offline

So far we have 4 participants.

@ Stweet : Thank you for Participating.
@ Adarsh : Yes, Sir. Thank you for your input.
@ Guillaume : Thank you for Participating.

Following are some points, and my suggestion to them :

1. What is the Activity?
We know that photoreading is the activity. But how do we bring in the comparability clause. What activity do we choose to do so.

My suggestion is that, we do something like a 5 day test. Just so that its a week long. And at the last day we share our experience.

2. What would be compared?
As I have written earlier we would like to compare our methods, and what leads to our results. Often our methods are which are quite unique, rather than the result. Somebody has a powerful system to generate a purpose, or somebody gets quite well in the state, or somebody knows how to photoread specific subjects and so on.

So my suggestion here is, that we compare how we approach a purpose. How we formulate a question around it. Then how we dig into the book.

3. What books do we photoread?
This is a problem. How do we choose which books we must photoread. Or what subjects should we photoread. As its a subjective matter, can we ever find a topic that fits all.

My suggestion, that we bring forward our personal taste in reading. Which field we study in, or we have mastered. Or we have interest in, and we are willing to spend time. We don't have to be stuck with a single book, we have the flexibility to choose a field or a topic.

4. Continuous guidance and tracking.
Now we have the forum for this, then why do we have such an activity. We can still ask the same questions when we photoread on own. There are people who are still willing to help regardless of group or personal activity.

My Suggestion, that we work in pairs. A person who is experienced than the other in photoreading. Both will suggest each other unique topics for photoreading. Which both are interested in. They would communicate on a regular basis, and on the last day, would compare each others' methods. Now what they will communicate each other will be how they activated today, or came to question and answer. Where the two can observe each other and correct each other to what works and doesn't work.

Again this can be changed, this is my suggestion. I would recommend anybody who is willing to start, PM me, as they read this. I am good to go. At least if there are any more issues, or some thing which I have over-viewed I will be able to write them down here.

There is one more theory to learn, I know I am on a very thin rope, every time I write I bring in new theories, well its the last one, 'Learning by doing', It is to learn by setting things into motion. So why don't we start doing the activity, then learn how sound it is or not.

Once again thank you for participating and reading.

Learning Strategies Admin

How about books like, How to read a book? Since I believe one thing most want from PhotoReading is comprehension. What about sourcing books and recommending them based on your 5 day test activation. Sharing what you learned. Each do a different book and share. That way you have a PhotoReading purpose for the book which helps get a handle on your purpose.

Read a book and explain what you learned from it so that the others can learn something as well without reading it.

Usually I have my students spend no more than 35 minutes with a book and then spend 2 minutes talking about it (4 minutes tops, I put a stop on it but usually they can keep going. Yes that 30 second prepare, 30 second preview and 14 minutes to PhotoReading and Postview and 20 minute activation. My students usually teach me something from the book they brought. And they could successfully make a toastmasters talk on the subject.

Why not try something similar. Post the title of the book day one and come back the next day and write about 250 words telling us what you think we should know, that you learned from the book.

Alex

will do!!!

Hi everyone. Just a quickie to ask...when we start this activity are we all doing the same book or different ones?

Guillaume.

OP Offline

Hi Guillaume,

This has been a big question, whether go with 'One book that fits all' or 'multiple books, in a similar field'.

Let me elaborate it a bit. Say we all want to learn how to be better at writing. There are two options, we can all read the same book. Or different books of the same nature.

But then there are some who would want to improve presentation skills or want to learn global finance. And now we can't wrap a single book around them to photoread it.

My major concern in that of observing my techniques with the other, but in what I consider to be master at or atleast have some familiarity.
WHY? Say you know a route to your home so well from the nearest metro station/train station/bus stop... that you could help me reaching your place. Just by letting you know a store name, which is to my left, you exactly know my orientation and my spot. You know by my walking pace, how much time will I take to reach your place. You even know that probably I am lost. You can also deduce that my path is right or not.

So if we photoread such books, over which we have certain command, we would know who is making what mistakes. Where the sub-conscious mind is activating the book or not. Whether I am activating in the correct direction, with the right attitude. You also need not spoon feed information, rather just relate to the feeling. The excitement of knowing 'That I have the force'.

If we can achieve this, with a single book, I honestly have no problem.

Incase you are interested to go on a trial run, before we perfect the activity, PM me. Last time I checked, I couldn't bite people from my computer screen. Not that I bite people, its just that people just assume that about me because I have fangs, and emerge in night, and hate the day light, and have a sweet tooth for drinks with RBCs in them, have a girl friend name Bella, who usually rides on my back and WAIT! is that too much information. It seems like I just activated Twilight! :just kidding:

I recommend different books. Teach each other what you learn from the book you're working with. Why double up the work. It's also easier to source books locally rather than having to purchase the same books.

Teach each other, show what you learned from the book that others can take away from the book based on what you learned.

That way too you can see similarity and differences between authors.

In all I say grab a book today. Spend 35 minutes with it (10 minutes the first 4 steps and 20 minutes one activation layer)

Then post what you got from that 30 minutes.

Then you can discuss whether you want to do more activation how much time you're planning to spend with the book.

Since you wanted to help each other with the system I think everyone would benefit from a report after each activation layer.

And different books. There is a reason I recommend different books and I would like to see this project underway before I discuss it.

Alex

Alex
source a link (url) that supplies us with lots of free books.We can kick off immediately.The problem for me is all the books i have, i have already activated them .And Guttenburg has only fiction.

I dont have a library nearby to borrow .

regds

OP Offline

[Update]

Week 1. Day 0

We have started the activity.

1. Stweet (Subject : Law)
2. Guillaume (Subject : Related to Finance)
3. Cooldubai (Subject : Law & Related to Finance)

Replies to..

@ Alex : Yes, Ma'am. Yes, what you are saying makes perfect sense. But when I was coming up with the idea. It was for us (New PhotoReaders) to sharpen the photoreading skills.
The aim in the mind was, to keep certain things fixed, and analyze the variables. Variables being our subjective take on PhotoReading. If we all were to photoread different books, there would be a whole range of variables.

I am aiming for a activity, which aims in supporting our methods. To help observe others' methods, then to analyze with ours, see what works and doesn't work. Upto a level where the person actually is able to photoread, much efficiently.

Again there is a possibility that many out here might be photoreading the same topic, or book. What if they photoread together. Won't it overall save their time. But it is a possibility.

I honestly find your way, better. What if we have an option for this week, those who would like to Photoread in similar subject and others like different subject. Still come here are share their experience.

Apparently I am getting an idea, after your suggestion. I will take a little time to ponder over it.

@ Adharsh

How about Scribd (https://www.scribd.com/)? Have you used it?

They have lots of free books.

Hi all.

I've just returned from my long walk & the library. I had managed to find a book related to what I stated I was going to PR this week. The title of the book is 'Accounts Demystified by Anthony Price'. What was funny when I went to the library section for that particular topic the book itself flashed at me from a far distance so I thought I'LL JUST HIRE IT OUT.

This is going to be interesting because I have never PR'd a book in this area of subject so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

GOOD LUCK everyone with your chosen books.

GUILLAUME.

Cool
i will try the site.cant access from my office though.restricted for some reason?

i will download and let the group know what i am reading.And post my first 20 min activation of a book soon.

regds

Believe me if you select books that interest you and start teaching, explaining the material to others you will be honing your skills.

There is a reason I would like to see you honing your skills on books the same as others to begin with.

First work on your own activation, building your body mind connection simply by spending no more than 30 minutes on a book and reporting on it. That is going to be interesting and challenging enough.

Source books from your local library. Especially beginners. There is something about the physical touch and opening the pages at random that adds to the activation experience. It make it easier to move to electronic books too.

If you have a kindle this is a good source for free ebooks from amazon http://www.dailyfreebooks.com/ sometimes some good titles show up as freebies for the day. You don't need a kindle you can access it with the kindle app in whatever format you use. If you all hang around the non-fiction you'll wind up with some common books anyway.

I believe the site also sources the free books from other sellers.

Alex

Hi all, I had just returned to the UK from spending the weekend in Holland...I was celebrating my friends 60th birthday. Before I went I did manage to finish PRing my chosen book over the 5-day test. Let me give you my results.

Firstly, the chosen book I did last week was titled "Accounts Demystified by Anthony Rice" (2011). My purpose for the book was "I want to understand more about accounts so that I can dramatically increase my financial success."

Secondly, I did the steps for the 5-day test & I managed to note down 16 trigger words & formulate 4 questions. When I went further on I did manage to formulate a further 3 questions. My mind-map wasn't that big but, something did spring at me & it was their website. I realized that I need to look at this first before I do anything else.

Lastly, the next book I'm going to PR is "Gods in Britain by Jill Dudley".

GUILLAUME.

OP Offline

Hi All,

As of now I am activating my study material.

Last Activation:

I was activating a chapter, which I was struggling for a while last week. It was ICAI's Accounting Standard 11 i.e. Accounting Treatment for Foreign Exchange.

Activation sessions took :3

Session 1: 25 Minutes
My purpose had been a to understand what I need to show on the face of the balance sheet, and what are the components of the said standard.

I did a super-reading. Wrote down key terms. Then assembled them to my understanding. Most of them were the components, which were bold texts and other key terms.

Next I came up with my questions and found my answers.

Summary : Accounting Standard 11, needs the treatment of the Foreign currency transactions and operations, to be consistent with the comparability clause. Hence the Foreign transaction and operations are needed to be reported in the domicile currency of the reporting balance sheet country. At the appropriate exchange rates. And the treatment of excess

The Standard bifurcates operations into two parts, and their treatments accordingly. Integral and Non-integral foreign operation.

This is where I stopped the session, and felt like I got the most out of it.

Session 2: 30 Minutes
For this my purpose was, to know about the treatment of foreign operations and foreign forward contracts.

I did a preview, and then re-read what I did previously. Then started forming questions and went on answering these question. Then I created a mind-map. I have a habit of writing summary and drawing a mindmap, and then again writing some points.

During drawing mind-map, I was reading, and then drawing, and I was doing that I got understanding on how the Accounting Standard was structured.

As I ended the session, I had an urge to solve a case problem.

I had few questions, and tried to solve them, I made many mistakes, on certain core issues.

Session 3: 20 Minutes
This last session was done, after a two day gap.

I did a preview, and then I got Ahaa moments. These "ahaa" brought forward all those mistakes I made in solving. I didn't put forward any questions or purpose related to that. I just did a recap of what I studied.

Summary: The exchange rates which are needed to be taken for the reporting, are most vital part of the accounting standard. There are many exchange rates, such has Historical rate, transactional rate, estimation rate and closing rate. If an enterprise has no foreign operation and has only transactions, then transaction rates are used. For Integral Foreign Operation, Monetary items at closing rate, non-monetary at transaction rate or estimation rate. For non-integral, All at closing rate except for income and expenses.
The rest of the different is accumulated to Foreign currency transaction reserve.

So let me know anything that I can improve on. This is the only Accounting Standard which took 1hour plus. Earlier to this I have photoread 10, which took 30-45 minutes. I also have mind map of them, which always helps me to revise them at a glance and sets stages for the next standard.

I like how you followed the urge to solve a case problem. The mistakes would have served well to discovering what you still need to activate in that section. It's your non-conscious mind, pointing out you may have missed something and saying have a look.

Remember to congratulate yourself if that happens because you gave yourself a heads up as to information still missing that your conscious mind hasn't travelled to. It's a sign that the non-conscious mind knows that you wanted to know something but missed it.

Evidence that you probably got something from the PhotoReading step itself.

Alex

Beating the street
Peter Lynch
Purpose: to fine tune the method for picking stocks that was given by lynch in one up wall street. I want to add skills to my present method and hone my skills in picking up right stocks and make my millions
My study of peter lynch book “one up wall street” was helpful for me to activate “beating the street”
I have spent 2 activation sessions on this book so far(40 mins).I have understood the structure of the book. This book builds on Peters earlier book “one up wall street” this is more like a workbook for applying the ideas he has discussed in “one up wall street.”
He discusses a lot on mutual funds and how to select them. I am not interested in mutual funds right now. So my instant focus on was a chapter called”art and science and legwork” Here peter lynch says he discusses around 21 companies he selected and made his millions so my obvious mind probes where,
What is the process suggested by Peter lynch in each of the companies he discusses? what can I learn ?
how can I use it in my stock picking strategies?So peter lynch discusses around 5 to 6 sectors and lets us know when ,why and how he picked up these stocks?Broadly the sectors he has discussed include:Retail,Mortgages,Banks,Trading (oil company) amusement parks and some others.
I am already clear what I want to learn from each of these picks .i am curious to know what I must find out from each of the selection. As i am interested in being a value investor I am going to work on each company and draw a mind map for each of them as to what was peter base toinvest in the company ?what metrics did he follow also Peter says stock picking is both art and acience and legwork so that means its not only financials its also so other key ideas he studies in a business.in each of these companies I am going to understand the “art “ part of his selection.
From Peter Lynch earlier book I had developed a set of metrics to study from a company:
1.Study the earning and categorise the company based on earning growth rate into 6 types .this is the first thing to do.
2.check the earning line against the price line this will help us to decide whether to invest or not.
Then study thepercent sales growth vs inventory,check wheter the company debt structure is good ,check the ccash flow condition of the company.Then study the compnays product in local market.he believes that common people like me can make a killing in the stock compared to a wall street professional if he finds a product matches a certain profile.he lists them out in a chapter.interesting but may not be practical all the time.So I have this backgrowund knowledge when I am activating the book “beating the street’
I am also applying the methods by applying the ideas daily on 5 styocks.I go to money control .com(India).Select sectors to focus on.Then I compare earnings against p/e which is the first parameter to invest.if price is higher than earning growth rate ,peter says stay away from the stock.It may be wise to come back to it later .Also it may still be a good company,I will come back to it later.if I find a good one then check 10 years earning of a company. I then check its inventory growth rate against sales.i understand its cash flow position and understand the loan structure or its debt structure and then study the p/e of the stock for last 10 years.I also compare the sales ,inventory and debt structure of the company vide its competitors and then take a call to invest.
I am also activating the following books:
Buffetology by mary Buffet and David clark
MBA in a box( I have activated 7 chapters in this book,will put a brief write up on the chapters soon)
I finished a book called interpretation of financial statements by Mary buffet and david clark. Its a great books which gives us a set of parameters to compare with a company and its peers to see if the company has a durable competitive advantage.i have blend these ideas with Peter lynch when I study a company.It basically gives us guidance as to what to watch out for in the 3 financial statements of a company the Pand l ,the Blanace Sheet and Cash flow.It also explains how Buffet compares his stock to an equity bond and then explains when Buffet buys and sells a stock.
I am activating a book on welding technology( a big fat text book).i am activating this chapterwise.I will submit a write up on metallurgy soon
SO I have my hands full!!!
All the best ,have fun and thank you LSC and you Alex!!!
I will report on Buffetology also very soon.

OP Offline

@ Alex : Thank you, it means a lot this coming from you. Yes, I will congratulate myself on every such step. This is kind of a booster for me.

@ Adarsh : I connected with everything you wrote. I am actually learning this. But not as a part of analysis rather a part of theory. And other theories.

I have activated books in this field, Valuation and Financial decision (financial leveraging). For me it is Financial Management. I will also share my activation sessions of them here. Atleast these seem to be common chapter.

I will activate and share my experience.

Writing here is yet another activation.

@ Guillaume : Waiting for your next summary.

Once again, I thank you all for the initiative.

OP Offline

Activation of "How to Draw anything?"

About a month back, I just photoread a book for recreational purpose. It was on how to draw better. Ever since that I have improved in my drawing. Without actually activating that chapter of figure drawing.

Recently I was a drawing a scenery, purely out of my memory. So I drew the whole thing with the minimal detail, as I recollected. I then compared the drawing with the scenery. Little that I knew, I had put in detail drawing of certain building without my conscious effort in looking for that detail. I was so fixated in drawing other buildings, that I didn't take any effort in knowing the detail of that building.

Well I learned one thing from this activation (this is what I call this). We must not be fixated with single perspective outcome. Just step down, and activate as naturally as possible.

Art is one of the subjects where direct learning works well.

It's also how spontaneous activation works.

Alex

cool Dubai you are getting cool at PRWMS!!!great !!!!

Originally Posted By: Guillaume
Hi all, I had just returned to the UK from spending the weekend in Holland...I was celebrating my friends 60th birthday. Before I went I did manage to finish PRing my chosen book over the 5-day test. Let me give you my results.

Firstly, the chosen book I did last week was titled "Accounts Demystified by Anthony Rice" (2011). My purpose for the book was "I want to understand more about accounts so that I can dramatically increase my financial success."

Secondly, I did the steps for the 5-day test & I managed to note down 16 trigger words & formulate 4 questions. When I went further on I did manage to formulate a further 3 questions. My mind-map wasn't that big but, something did spring at me & it was their website. I realized that I need to look at this first before I do anything else.

Lastly, the next book I'm going to PR is "Gods in Britain by Jill Dudley".

GUILLAUME.

Hi all, I just wanted to give another quick review of that book. What I did I browsed on their website which has some interesting info on money in general. I had noticed that they are going to add to the site so I'll await for that. What I feel very strongly in terms of the book relating to me is that this will help me in budgetting to have my own business. Because I would very much like to work for myself rather than for someone else. The website will definitely help more when they update it.

GUILLAUME.

Hi all! The previous week I PR'd the book "Gods in Britain" by Jill Dudley. As usual I did this over the 5-day period + what I also did I rapid-read the book from beginning to end after I did the 5 days with some interesting results.

Before I give me results I wanted to say something interesting that happened during my Holosync meditation. Whilst I was doing the meditation I saw pages "37" & "67" flash out at me in reference to the book. When I investigated the 2 pages on p.37 Aquae Sulis & on p.67 Nodeus - both had popped out at me.

Anyway, my purpose for the book was "I want to understand the link between Paganism & Christianity so that I can use their knowledge."

My interpretation of my results received was that in Britain there had seemed to be a lot of evidence that there were many types of Gods/Goddesses that had settled there. Though it remains to be seen why they had picked Britain. I also feel there maybe more to Halloween & All Saints Day...not too sure why but the word "rebirth" came to me in which I linked to my branch on my mind-map. Also, on my trigger words/mind-map Hadrian's Wall came up for me. I did do some research but didn't come up with anything.

Right, about pages 37 & 67. The God & Goddess I picked out which were Nodeus & Aquae Sulis respectively; what these are telling me is that it is to do with "water". When I was looking at these there had seemed to be a link between them & water. Water is associated with healing. What this is telling me is that I need to use the symbolism of water in someway or the other to incease my knowledge. Also, with Aquae Sulis there had seemed to be a link with the arts as she was the Goddess of Wisdom & the Arts. Now I understand what this means...I would like to study towards a BA in Philosophy but, not in the UK but in Canada. I feel I will gain a lot of Wisdom from studying this.

I have already done another book this week I will give my results asap.

GUILLAUME.

OP Offline

I have done a small addition to the photoreading step, while activating books chapter-wise.

I have done on
1. Accounting Standards (each Accounting Standard = each chapter)
2. Auditing Standards (Each section of Auditing Standards = Each chapter)
3. Excise Laws : Chapter wise.

What I do is that, I spend an hour with all the subjects. I do a blip-page reading. Then then before activating, I do a preview of previous chapter, upto to the current chapter. Then I do a supper reading and dipping of the following chapters. Then I activate the current chapter I am doing.
This sneak-peek helps in getting a sense, of what I need to read from the current chapter. While the current activation, I tend to write notes, summary and mind-map. Which means I am satisfied with the current chapter.

While previewing, I either go by the text book or use my notes. Usually it is my notes.

Once I have done spending the allocated time, I plan if I would need an extra activation session or not.

So I will write down a subjective application of the above system.

Accounts :
Each Accounting standard is some-what related to the other. Hence at time, when I don't understand something in the given chapter, on which I ponder a lot. After which when I embark upon other chapter, I usually get the meaning of it, with reference to previous chapter.

So before activating the planned chapter, I do a activation session of chapter ahead. So by doing this, the day I plan the next chapter activation I am half-way through it, and rest is joining the remaining pieces of the puzzle.

Auditing:

Auditing had no fixed chapter. So I decide what I would call as a single activation session. Here I do the same.

Excise Law:
Here the introductory chapter sets the stage for the other chapters. Because in law, objectively interpreting different case-study with the reference of laws, clauses, provisions etc is the key to clear the exam.

Hence not knowing the actual section heading or subheading is acceptable. But writing the wrong one, will attack adversely to what ever justice I have done to answer the question.

Knowing and keeping this, in mind, while going forward in other chapters for a sneak-peek, lets me know that the current chapter does have such laws and rules which are just essential, and has multiple reference.

The reason of doing this:

I usually get stuck at some chapters as I am not able to cope up with the certain terms, or concepts or etc. As it is learning something means adding layer upon layer of things. At times I really find the momentum in photoreading, such chapters tend to destroy my equilibrium, hence before going in the chapter, just to super-read and dip few chapters ahead.

Let me know if you are planning to try this? Or share your trick to photoread & activate chapters-wise.

Last edited by cooldubai; 03/10/15 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar

Hi everyone! I want to give results for my next book which was titled "How to be a Philosopher" by Gary Cox. And I'm so glad I picked this book. I did this book from March 2nd 2015 I just didn't get the chance to give my results.

My purpose for this particular book was: "I want to understand about Philosophy so that I can think like a Philosopher".

First thing I got out of the book was that Philosophy is translated as "lover of wisdom"...I am very much into Philosophy & now I know why. I then recalled reading a little about travelling & it is on my mind-map & linked to that word itself was the word "educated". Now interpreting this what it is telling me is that I should study towards a BA in Philosophy (I want to do this in Canada) but, also at the same time I will need to travel a bit more to gain extensive knowledge. I had that thought well before I hired this book out.

Secondly, something also caught my eye. I remember reading about Plato & Socrates being mortal because last year when I was doing my Holosync meditation (Purification level 2) I saw a message that said to me "you are immortal" I then the next day read the book 'Conversations with God (Book 1)' by Neale Donald Walsch and lo & behold I read a phrase in which God said to NDW "you are immortal". Now this is telling me that we are ALL immortal because we are spiritual beings NOT just human beings.

Lastly, I want to direct my attention to 2 things in which I found on my mind-map. (1) I was looking at the word "Stoicism" & I realised that I had many references to this so I will be researching more into this & see how it relates to me. (2) Also on my mind-map I saw the word "Notion of God"...I strongly believe that God is your higher-self sometimes often referred to as the "Daemon".

GUILLAUME.

OP Offline

AHAAs, examples and Activation.

This week I observed, as the frequency of it has risen.

While activating technical procedure or concept. A lot of time I go into visualizing, then practicing, learning by bit then to understand as a whole. Which takes time, but the retention is quite high.

What happens when you have been fully aware of the technical procedures in detail, before reading(Activating) it into complete detail.

Recently in two subjects, as I was activating, technical concepts. An example or case would pop-up. As I further read, the I just refer to the example, I ask questions to it. Then what ever I read just gives "Ahaas".

Let me elaborate it a bit.

1) Excise/Customs classification of goods.
It has few rules, which are quite complicated at first glance, but with the help of an example it is easy to understand. But the other-than-conscious mind brought an example so relate-able, I didn't have to do any hypothesis. Nor Simulation. In a general activation would have taken 2 sessions. I was done in 10 minutes.

2. Finance.

As I was revising my old chapters, I had allotted 2 sessions for it. I was supperreading them. As I was supperreading. I got another real-life example, where I practice those concepts without ever reading about it. So as I was probing the example with questions, I was getting more "ahaas" while supperreading. That example was good for a chapter. This did cut short my revision time. But I went on revising other chapters, as I had this extra time.

Have you had any such experiences?

Usually I would sit and find such experience, but I guess the other-than-conscious mind brought it up, so I consciously figured out such examples. While suppereading, it felt like I am solving a puzzle. As I picked up each piece of puzzle, I just knew it, where I had fix it. I was fun, and refreshing, at the same time.

I never knew learning could be this fun.

Yes learning can be fun. smile

Alex

Hi all here's my next book in which I did last week. This book is titled "Philosophy goes to the movies" by Christopher Falzon (2015).

Firstly my purpose for that book was "I want to link Philosophy & movie-making so that I can make my own movies."

Now before I embark on I realized that the book was screaming out at me & I know why. What it is I would like to turn my stories into movies....that is my ultimate dream. I write my stories & e-mail them off to a friend of mine in the USA & she works in that type of area for media.

There wasn't that much on my mind-map but, there was something that really caught my eye & it was to do with the Philosopher Plato & his book 'The Republic'. Because I have always been fascinated with that story when I did some research on the web. Now it's telling me to buy the book itself as it will give me more answers....I don't know what answers I'll get but, I know I will get some good ones.

GUILLAUME.

OP Offline

Activation of a book "Practical Statistics" and "Essential Statistics".

This book, gives plenty of exercises. From basic to complex sums. I had spent 3 sessions, to get the first "Ahaa". I will be doing some more time.

Basically in finance and costing field, statistics is quite essential. Not to have extreme knowledge, but just knowing the formula can be okay. During my activation of the aforementioned fields, I had urge to understand statistics. I rationalized for some while, then finally went and picked up the book.

First session, I just did s superreading. I found what had interested me, and what was relevant to me.

Second Session, Built questions on the based of curiosity, and did some practical sums.
Third Sessions, same as the second one.

The "Ahaa".
While waiting, in a queue. I was given a number. Current number on the screen called, and between my number, had 90 numbers. It wasn't a quite place, many people, and more people pouring in. As this place where I was, in a secluded place, I had to call-up a friend to pick me up. My friend would take 20 minutes to reach, he was little busy so couldn't make him wait here. The job would take 5 minutes. So to best way, not to waste my time would be to call him, just 15 minutes before my number, so by the time I get free, he is there to receive me.

As I was looking at the called numbers, and the time it took them to call another number. For some reason I found some consistency, with that, I got reminded of the statistic problem, which I had read. The problem was similar, the time it took to serve bunch of customers, what would be an average waiting time, and standard deviation of waiting time.

So I noticed that around 10 numbers were called it took around 7 minutes later, Another 10. 3 minutes later another 10. 10 minutes later 7, so on. So I had probability or long interval and short interval. I knew an average of 10 numbers were called.

With that, I just knew instantly how much waiting time I had. So to say, my prediction was accurate. If I had not read that sum, I wouldn't have passed my time, as this became a practical problem, as well as an exercise of listening to my other than conscious.

So, Did you have any such "ahaa"?

Once you realize that you see,feel or guess a "certain"thing you keep getting more and more of them.In a novel i am reading i kept "guessing" the next event and was wondering how i knew that would happen?You realize once you acknowledge that activation keeps happening regularly and you are in awe about the system!!Keep building "Prior Knowledge "on various subjects and then keep photoreading many boks on the subject you get to mastery.But explaining this to some one who doesnt acknowledge these simple "ahaa's" PRWMS remains a mystery and an impossibility!!!Congrats !!!

Hey all Photo-Readers; I want to give my results for the next book I PR'd. This one was called "From Gangland to Promised Land" by John Pridmore.

Now, before I give my results I just want to explain about the author. John Pridmore was a man who had a life which was involved within the Criminal World. And we're talking about typical underworld crimes. But, then all of a sudden he turned his back on the Criminal World & decided to dedicate his life to helping other people who are less fortunate than others. Last year at my Catholic Church in December (2014) I was very fortunate to had met this man when he visited it. My mum bought a copy of his book & signed it as well.

My purpose for the book was "I want to receive inspiration so that I can become successful in anything I do". I did the 5-day test as usual with some intersting results. When I looked at my mind-map & Postview Questions there was a question in which it struck me & it was "What is important about the places listed?"....now there were a number of places I listed & most of them were in London (UK)...there were also some of them abroad (outside UK). Then there was a question in which I asked "Why is 1991 so significant to me?"...now that I do know why. I was 14 years at the time & still at school....I had a lot of thoughts going around in my head at the time. Then in 1992 I had wanted to go to France but, my parents refused. Looking back over the years I know for a fact that I should've been sent to France...PERIOD!

Now this is my "A-Ha!" moment from the book. I noticed a town called 'Notting Hill' which is in Central London. Something struck me! A few days before I had a discussion with a woman I know from the USA & she suggested to go to the Notting Hill Carnival...& I realized there was a question I asked which was "Where can I go for inspiration?"....the simple answer is "Notting Hill". I then consutled the I Ching coins in reference to the Notting Hill Carnival & received an interesting result. It came as Number 45 which was Ts'ui/Gathering Together. When I checked on the internet about this the answer I found in reference to this was "Social harmony is a prerequisite for prosperous times". That means I need to go to this years Notting Hill Carnival.

GUILLAUME.

Wow!! All of the result was great, it motivated me. I think it would be easier if we can use skype for chatting and exchanging experience of photoreading, create skype group.

OP Offline

@ Adarsh : Thank you! And totally agree.

@ Guillaume : Wow that is amazing! Really.

@ Iamthefox : Skype wouldn't be practical for all. As we all write and here on availability of time in our hand.
We can have events where we gather once on skype.

Do you have any suggestions?

I think it not just for event, It just for chatting, live chat, sometimes we don't want to wait for someone to answer our question in the forum. I think it would be great if we have a skype group.

I'm not sure how you don't wind up waiting in Skype. We're in different time zones too.

Alex

Hi all. I was meant to give my results last week but, so many things got in the way.

The week beginning the 23rd March I Photo-Read the book "Atlantis & other lost Worlds - New Evidence of Ancient Secrets" by Frank Joseph.

My purpose for the book was: I want to learn the secrets of Atlantis so that I can use their knowledge.

Looking at my mind-map there was one thing that REALLY caught my eye & it was about the famous Psychic Edgar Cayce. Firstly, I remembered when magickdoggie started the Time-Travel forum in 2013 he briefly mentioned this individual. Seondly, it kind of gave me a flashback to the late 1990's because I remembered watching a documentary about Edgar Cayce. What I did when I finished PRing the book over 5 days I wanted to read up more on Edgar Cayce & so I did. What caught me about him was when he stated he had regressed himself to the time of Atlantis he mentioned about a crystal room & in particular Crystal Technology. He mentioned how crystal was used for so many complex tasks even to contact other beings into Outer-Space.

So to further on about this my conclusion is that I will do research into Crystals & what benefits it contains plus I will go on YouTube & watch videos about Edgar Cayce.

Now from a PR point of view I know why he was mentioned in the time-travel forum & why I had watched a documentary about him all those years ago.

GUILLAUME.

Hi all fellow Photo-Readers! I haven't been here in a while due to circumstances beyond my control. Anyway, I had been PRing books as per the 5-day test method.

I PR'd another John Pridmore book titled "Journey to Freedom". This copy belongs to my mother & I did the 5-day test on it plus I rapid-read the book from beginning to end...it took me about 1 hour to do this. Here are my results: there was very little on my mind-map but, I do feel I got what I wanted out of the book. My purpose for the book was "I want to understand freedom so that I can experience freedom." The were 3 things that sprung up for me. For one there was a reference about the "Higher Power"...this is telling me that I need to connect to my own higher-self to get the answers I want. Secondly, I had a reference to Notting Hill which is telling me that I need to go there...most likely the carnival. I am going to see how I can attend this event which I think is in August. I don't know what I'll find there but, I DO know that this is calling me. Lastly, there was a section where John Pridmore himself attended a retreat in Aylesford. Now I fully know why this is so...my local Catholic Church is organizing a day-trip to this town. I have already signed up to go in May...looking forward to it.

Last week I PR'd a book titled "The Divided Mind" by John E Sarno. My purpose for the book was that "I want to understand the mind-body connection so that I can heal myself within." There were 2 things on my mind-map which came up for me. Firstly, there was the word "God"...this is telling me that I need to connect with my higher-self to heal myself within. Though, this is quite intriguing because I am a Reiki-Master & I have done Theta-Healing. I have used both of them on myself many times to balance myself. Plus I regularly do Spring-Forest Qi Gong (Level 2) & since doing SFQ Level 2 I have felt more balance within myself. Another word came up for me was "Rage"....most likely I might have some rage within myself. Already I had been using (from yesterday) the Paraliminal "Letting Go"...I'm going to do this over the next few days to get rid of some of my inner-rage.

GUILLAUME.

Hi all...last week I PR'd the book "The Knights Templar & Scotland" by Robert Ferguson.

My purpose for the book was: I want to understand the connection between the Knights Templar & Scotland so that I can interpret their messages.

What struck out for me was that there were a lot of secrets that were hidden & that it was needed to be revealed...though I am unsure what secrets they are.

Though the BIG message for me from the book is that I need to go to Nova Scotia in Canada. On a more interesting note I am very interested in studying towards a Canadian degree so when I get enough money to go then I can take a trip to Nova Scotia in my spare time & seek some more answers.

Just for this week I won't be doing any 5-day tests as I want to take a break from this.

GUILLAUME.

Hi all PR'ers! This week just gone I hadn't done any 5-day PRing but, I did the previous week. So here are my results.

The book I PR'd was titled "The Gnostics - the first Christian Heretics" by Sean Martin (2006). This book really blew my mind.

My purpose for the book was "I want to undertsand Gnosticism so that I am able to use it's power".

What I found about the book was that Judas who was Jesus betrayer was actually instructed by Jesus to do that particular task as it was his destiny. In a sense it does seem very plausible. Now looking at my mind-map there are many answers which seem to coincide with my purpose so as to say. But, however I'm going to pick 2 of them as I feel these are the real answers. Firstly, I'm going to look at the Gospels of Thomas & Philip - reason why is because there were a lot of references to do with Chinese Philosophy. And it seems to both coincide with "Zen Buddhism" & "Toaism". Now as I fully understand when Jesus went on his travels at the age of 12 he did visit China so I do strongly feel he had learnt both of these forms of Chinese Philosophy. And I also do feel that at the age of 12 he had a "Daemonic" experience which instructed him to go on his travels. Now onto the Sci-Fi writer Philip K Dick (PKD). Reason why I want to mention him is because I had in the past done research into this man as he could easily communicate with his Daemon (Higher-Self). I other words he had a great understanding in Gnosticism. On a more interesting note his story VALIS flashed out at me - what this is telling me is that I need to buy that book as it will give me more answers in relation to my purpose.

It does seem to me that I need to study & understand "Gnosticism".

GUILLAUME.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved