Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

Activation of "How to Draw anything?"

About a month back, I just photoread a book for recreational purpose. It was on how to draw better. Ever since that I have improved in my drawing. Without actually activating that chapter of figure drawing.

Recently I was a drawing a scenery, purely out of my memory. So I drew the whole thing with the minimal detail, as I recollected. I then compared the drawing with the scenery. Little that I knew, I had put in detail drawing of certain building without my conscious effort in looking for that detail. I was so fixated in drawing other buildings, that I didn't take any effort in knowing the detail of that building.

Well I learned one thing from this activation (this is what I call this). We must not be fixated with single perspective outcome. Just step down, and activate as naturally as possible.

Learning Strategies Admin

Art is one of the subjects where direct learning works well.

It's also how spontaneous activation works.

Alex

cool Dubai you are getting cool at PRWMS!!!great !!!!

Originally Posted By: Guillaume
Hi all, I had just returned to the UK from spending the weekend in Holland...I was celebrating my friends 60th birthday. Before I went I did manage to finish PRing my chosen book over the 5-day test. Let me give you my results.

Firstly, the chosen book I did last week was titled "Accounts Demystified by Anthony Rice" (2011). My purpose for the book was "I want to understand more about accounts so that I can dramatically increase my financial success."

Secondly, I did the steps for the 5-day test & I managed to note down 16 trigger words & formulate 4 questions. When I went further on I did manage to formulate a further 3 questions. My mind-map wasn't that big but, something did spring at me & it was their website. I realized that I need to look at this first before I do anything else.

Lastly, the next book I'm going to PR is "Gods in Britain by Jill Dudley".

GUILLAUME.

Hi all, I just wanted to give another quick review of that book. What I did I browsed on their website which has some interesting info on money in general. I had noticed that they are going to add to the site so I'll await for that. What I feel very strongly in terms of the book relating to me is that this will help me in budgetting to have my own business. Because I would very much like to work for myself rather than for someone else. The website will definitely help more when they update it.

GUILLAUME.

Hi all! The previous week I PR'd the book "Gods in Britain" by Jill Dudley. As usual I did this over the 5-day period + what I also did I rapid-read the book from beginning to end after I did the 5 days with some interesting results.

Before I give me results I wanted to say something interesting that happened during my Holosync meditation. Whilst I was doing the meditation I saw pages "37" & "67" flash out at me in reference to the book. When I investigated the 2 pages on p.37 Aquae Sulis & on p.67 Nodeus - both had popped out at me.

Anyway, my purpose for the book was "I want to understand the link between Paganism & Christianity so that I can use their knowledge."

My interpretation of my results received was that in Britain there had seemed to be a lot of evidence that there were many types of Gods/Goddesses that had settled there. Though it remains to be seen why they had picked Britain. I also feel there maybe more to Halloween & All Saints Day...not too sure why but the word "rebirth" came to me in which I linked to my branch on my mind-map. Also, on my trigger words/mind-map Hadrian's Wall came up for me. I did do some research but didn't come up with anything.

Right, about pages 37 & 67. The God & Goddess I picked out which were Nodeus & Aquae Sulis respectively; what these are telling me is that it is to do with "water". When I was looking at these there had seemed to be a link between them & water. Water is associated with healing. What this is telling me is that I need to use the symbolism of water in someway or the other to incease my knowledge. Also, with Aquae Sulis there had seemed to be a link with the arts as she was the Goddess of Wisdom & the Arts. Now I understand what this means...I would like to study towards a BA in Philosophy but, not in the UK but in Canada. I feel I will gain a lot of Wisdom from studying this.

I have already done another book this week I will give my results asap.

GUILLAUME.

OP Offline

I have done a small addition to the photoreading step, while activating books chapter-wise.

I have done on
1. Accounting Standards (each Accounting Standard = each chapter)
2. Auditing Standards (Each section of Auditing Standards = Each chapter)
3. Excise Laws : Chapter wise.

What I do is that, I spend an hour with all the subjects. I do a blip-page reading. Then then before activating, I do a preview of previous chapter, upto to the current chapter. Then I do a supper reading and dipping of the following chapters. Then I activate the current chapter I am doing.
This sneak-peek helps in getting a sense, of what I need to read from the current chapter. While the current activation, I tend to write notes, summary and mind-map. Which means I am satisfied with the current chapter.

While previewing, I either go by the text book or use my notes. Usually it is my notes.

Once I have done spending the allocated time, I plan if I would need an extra activation session or not.

So I will write down a subjective application of the above system.

Accounts :
Each Accounting standard is some-what related to the other. Hence at time, when I don't understand something in the given chapter, on which I ponder a lot. After which when I embark upon other chapter, I usually get the meaning of it, with reference to previous chapter.

So before activating the planned chapter, I do a activation session of chapter ahead. So by doing this, the day I plan the next chapter activation I am half-way through it, and rest is joining the remaining pieces of the puzzle.

Auditing:

Auditing had no fixed chapter. So I decide what I would call as a single activation session. Here I do the same.

Excise Law:
Here the introductory chapter sets the stage for the other chapters. Because in law, objectively interpreting different case-study with the reference of laws, clauses, provisions etc is the key to clear the exam.

Hence not knowing the actual section heading or subheading is acceptable. But writing the wrong one, will attack adversely to what ever justice I have done to answer the question.

Knowing and keeping this, in mind, while going forward in other chapters for a sneak-peek, lets me know that the current chapter does have such laws and rules which are just essential, and has multiple reference.

The reason of doing this:

I usually get stuck at some chapters as I am not able to cope up with the certain terms, or concepts or etc. As it is learning something means adding layer upon layer of things. At times I really find the momentum in photoreading, such chapters tend to destroy my equilibrium, hence before going in the chapter, just to super-read and dip few chapters ahead.

Let me know if you are planning to try this? Or share your trick to photoread & activate chapters-wise.

Last edited by cooldubai; 03/10/15 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar

Hi everyone! I want to give results for my next book which was titled "How to be a Philosopher" by Gary Cox. And I'm so glad I picked this book. I did this book from March 2nd 2015 I just didn't get the chance to give my results.

My purpose for this particular book was: "I want to understand about Philosophy so that I can think like a Philosopher".

First thing I got out of the book was that Philosophy is translated as "lover of wisdom"...I am very much into Philosophy & now I know why. I then recalled reading a little about travelling & it is on my mind-map & linked to that word itself was the word "educated". Now interpreting this what it is telling me is that I should study towards a BA in Philosophy (I want to do this in Canada) but, also at the same time I will need to travel a bit more to gain extensive knowledge. I had that thought well before I hired this book out.

Secondly, something also caught my eye. I remember reading about Plato & Socrates being mortal because last year when I was doing my Holosync meditation (Purification level 2) I saw a message that said to me "you are immortal" I then the next day read the book 'Conversations with God (Book 1)' by Neale Donald Walsch and lo & behold I read a phrase in which God said to NDW "you are immortal". Now this is telling me that we are ALL immortal because we are spiritual beings NOT just human beings.

Lastly, I want to direct my attention to 2 things in which I found on my mind-map. (1) I was looking at the word "Stoicism" & I realised that I had many references to this so I will be researching more into this & see how it relates to me. (2) Also on my mind-map I saw the word "Notion of God"...I strongly believe that God is your higher-self sometimes often referred to as the "Daemon".

GUILLAUME.

OP Offline

AHAAs, examples and Activation.

This week I observed, as the frequency of it has risen.

While activating technical procedure or concept. A lot of time I go into visualizing, then practicing, learning by bit then to understand as a whole. Which takes time, but the retention is quite high.

What happens when you have been fully aware of the technical procedures in detail, before reading(Activating) it into complete detail.

Recently in two subjects, as I was activating, technical concepts. An example or case would pop-up. As I further read, the I just refer to the example, I ask questions to it. Then what ever I read just gives "Ahaas".

Let me elaborate it a bit.

1) Excise/Customs classification of goods.
It has few rules, which are quite complicated at first glance, but with the help of an example it is easy to understand. But the other-than-conscious mind brought an example so relate-able, I didn't have to do any hypothesis. Nor Simulation. In a general activation would have taken 2 sessions. I was done in 10 minutes.

2. Finance.

As I was revising my old chapters, I had allotted 2 sessions for it. I was supperreading them. As I was supperreading. I got another real-life example, where I practice those concepts without ever reading about it. So as I was probing the example with questions, I was getting more "ahaas" while supperreading. That example was good for a chapter. This did cut short my revision time. But I went on revising other chapters, as I had this extra time.

Have you had any such experiences?

Usually I would sit and find such experience, but I guess the other-than-conscious mind brought it up, so I consciously figured out such examples. While suppereading, it felt like I am solving a puzzle. As I picked up each piece of puzzle, I just knew it, where I had fix it. I was fun, and refreshing, at the same time.

I never knew learning could be this fun.

Yes learning can be fun. smile

Alex

Hi all here's my next book in which I did last week. This book is titled "Philosophy goes to the movies" by Christopher Falzon (2015).

Firstly my purpose for that book was "I want to link Philosophy & movie-making so that I can make my own movies."

Now before I embark on I realized that the book was screaming out at me & I know why. What it is I would like to turn my stories into movies....that is my ultimate dream. I write my stories & e-mail them off to a friend of mine in the USA & she works in that type of area for media.

There wasn't that much on my mind-map but, there was something that really caught my eye & it was to do with the Philosopher Plato & his book 'The Republic'. Because I have always been fascinated with that story when I did some research on the web. Now it's telling me to buy the book itself as it will give me more answers....I don't know what answers I'll get but, I know I will get some good ones.

GUILLAUME.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved