Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#83579 11/09/14 04:24 AM
lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

So I for one photoread a book than when I activate it I may be in one section for about 30 minutes than move on. Instead of remembering everything I sort of slowly pull out relevant information but, I sometimes forget it while reading other sections. So I go back and re read those sections. So for instance I read a stock market for dummies book. And I knew about the stock market and watched business news. Than I stopped and forgot everything. So I repeated the process and the same thing happened I forgot. Later when I told my dad about it I sort of had a flash not a picture but almost like an intention a feeling.That I had some of the information in my head.But it quickly went away. What do you make of this and how can I activate better and remember more?

lupek2 #83580 11/09/14 09:27 AM

Your post says nothing about a purpose. And remember when you activate it is not the same as expecting recall from your conscious mind. So you need to have a clear strong purpose and be really clear on what you want from the book you are activating.

From what you have shared with me you do not have a purpose. Where does it say in the Photoreading book or course that you are supposed to remember everything. I never saw anything about remembering everything.

If you have the Photoreading book I suggest you reread the chapter on activation.

Determine what your purpose is and what you will do with the information from the book. Get your trigger words and ask questions then go get the answers to your questions.

Remember purpose is paramount to the Photoreading system. Purpose, mind probe and questions. If you do not have those your mind will be in a blank.

Little to nothing can be expected when you do not have a purpose and do not have a reason to activate a book.

Photoread4me.

photoread4me #83581 11/09/14 05:35 PM
lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

My purpose was "So I may learn how to invest in the stock market with my monthly social security payment". And then I mostly found information about how to read stock market notations and information so I can know whether the stock is doing well or not. I think I forgot to ask questions. Well it does mention having up to 70 percent comprehension and mentions a story of a 13 Mexican boy memorizing a dictionary.

lupek2 #83584 11/10/14 08:26 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Mind Map and review. If the information is important enough get more of your intelligences working to connect it to memory by mind mapping.

What people don't realise, reading uses at best 2 of our intelligences Analytical and Literary. However memory works better if you use more of the other senses as well. So Draw, get your hands involved and even consider part of your purpose could be to explain it to others and be prepared to explain it.

Having comprehension immediately after reading is one thing calling it up in future is a case of use it or lose it. Most books are forgotten after 6 days because that's the span of the memory based on needed information.

The best way to make it accessible in the long term is to start using it straight away, first step for that is mind map and use more of your intelligences.

Alex

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

I like to read multiple books while not photoreading. I'll like they transfer this over to photoreading. Say for instance I activate one book for 20 minutes can I go immediately and activate another afterwards for 20 minutes than another or, possibly go back to the first book? How long should I super read and dip in a section of a book? How many activation layers should I have for each book? When super reading and dipping I look at the top half of the sentences without really knowing where to stop. Sometimes I stop and I don't know why. When should I stop? Should I try to follow the flow of information - follow the train of thought? How does one do that? Can you describe an example to me?

lupek2 #83685 01/05/15 09:01 AM

What's to stop you? It's no different to going from one classroom to the next and a terrific approach to syntopic reading.

If you don't know why you stopped or are not finding answers it's usually because you haven't asked a question.

Train of thought is explained in the PhotoReading book I suggest you go back to that section and activate that with that question.

Alex

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

So ask questions before activating got it. But what if you find it difficult to come up with questions? Does that mean my purpose is not good enough? For an example say I use this purpose "I'm reading this book so that I can know to use computer programming language so that I can get a job in the tech field." The whole book is one big question mark then. Is this a bad purpose? This is what I've been doing. Is reading to remember the main concepts good or bad? How many activation layers? Thank you for your advice.

lupek2 #83695 01/07/15 12:47 PM

It more likely means you're not clear on your purpose. Check that your purpose isn't a question in itself. That will stump the activation process.

In your example. Reduce I'm learning the computer programming techniques in this book so that I have the skills for work.

Now the first activation might ask, where should I start? What do I need to know first. How can I build it quickly from there. The answers during that activation will probably help you see what parts of the book you need to focus on. And if it is a textbook working in a specific order it will help you see the point of that order. Also if it is a textbook you'll activate the chapters as books in itself.

So the first chapter might be. Basics... Your purpose there would the become something like. I am learning the basics so I can learn programming faster and with ease.

Experiment with changing your purpose and seeing what type of questions come up from that.

Alex

And yes I appreciate it's often more challenging to find

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Motivation and proofreading.

I'm not motivated to photoread. I'll sit and read a book for two hours not complete it then move on to another work and say I'll finish it later. Sometimes I read up to six books a chapter at a time. But only complete one or two I read before or none at all. I often find flipping through pages during the photofocus state while photoreading laborious. And I don't know why. I hate activation maybe because I'm so inefficient at it it takes forever. I want to continue on with photoreading as I had some success with it (remembering facts and spontaneous activation) and see it as a valuable tool but it's hard for me to focus throughout the process of it sustaingly. Any suggestions to up my motivation and passion?

lupek2 #83967 03/05/15 08:53 AM

If you PhotoRead the book first and then decide to dump it you make a fairer decision to quit reading a book then after a few chapters. Your instinct will give you reason to continue or not.

Just flip the books. I'm not sure what you're doing to make the PhotoReading step laborious.

Alex

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Maybe it's laborious because I go through th steps of the tangerines technique and getting into the photofocus state before I start reading a book while reading multiple books.And also I'm using a kindle and have some books with over 400 to 800 pages.

lupek2 #83980 03/06/15 08:55 AM

Yep that would make it laborious. I just PhotoRead in a commercial break.

On a kindle, first make the print the smallest you can to fit more on the page, less flipping. You can resize it for activation afterwards.

Alex

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

smile How long should one wait between activation layers? Can I do one activation layer for 20 minutes and wait an hour or, a day and do another one? Also can I use the same purpose for more than one book - such as reading five books on writing?

Last edited by lupek2; 05/27/15 12:43 AM.
lupek2 #84165 05/27/15 09:41 AM

At least 3 minutes. It takes at least that long to think about your purpose, direction and how you've been going. Though I'm inclined to stand up, FAB and even talk with someone else just to release from what I was studying. A quick refresh of the mind.

Use syntopic reading for working with multiple books with a single purpose.

Alex

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

So activate 6 times for 20 minutes each and take a break of 3 minutes each 5 times that's 135 minutes to devote to a book. What if I only have 30 minutes a day to devote to activation? What do I do then?

lupek2 #84171 05/28/15 08:47 AM

At the top of the hour take at least 20 minute break. Do not work longer than the hour it's goes against memory.

If you only have 30 minutes do twenty minutes of activation today and another 20 tomorrow.

If you only have 5 minutes, know what you need to know and activate for that for 5 minutes.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved