Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bram777 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I have been practicing the Feelings Exercise in the AFL Course and have a few questions. Paul says we should not look to "change" the feeling but to let it be as it is. However, I find when I appreciate and love the feeling (and the power in the feeling) as it is...the feeling starts changing on its own. (I usually feel lighter and better about the feeling.) Is this what Paul is telling us not to do? Also, I'm not clear on how to use this exercise to "reclaim the power" in the feeling. Did I miss something somewhere in the course? Thanks for your help and support.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Yes it changes. Because you're not looking to change the feeling but noticing and loving the feeling. With that comes a shift. It doesn't have to stay the way it was either.

If you were looking to try and change the feeling, it won't change. It becomes harder and more stuck until you start appreciating the feeling.

Don't over analyse it. Just be aware from your experience that when you appreciate and love the feeling etc, it can and often does change to something more interesting (that's where you are reclaiming the power). Don't look to or try to change the feeling to something better.

You reclaim the power from the feeling by appreciating it and noticing it. That it's a feeling, until we label it. For example, anxiety and excitement often feels similar in body sensations however the labels hold us back or entice us forward. By taking your power back, by noticing your feeling without labelling them, you get new choices, What you may have labelled anxiety might just have been excitement all along but because of the label you pulled back where you could have been moving ahead.

Alex

Bram777 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply! This makes good sense. I will keep on with appreciating and loving my feelings and the power in my feelings. You were right about the overanalysing bit. It's much simpler than i thought it was. Thanks again.

Bram

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved