Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline

Hi All!
I just finished reading Marci and Carol's book - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I'm crusing through the website because it says at the end to go to Marci's webpage for support groups near you. So I was just curious if anyone out there has found their own Happy For No Reason Support Group?
Let me know! Thanks!

I just finished it today and am going to be starting a discussion group on my website (aslo brand-spanking new.) I loved this book and think that it's about time there were tools to apply all of the information that's out there. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you're interested in connecting.

Julie

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 03/26/08 03:53 PM.

Hi, I just finished the book also and was looking for the support groups as well. I don't see where they are listed. Maybe we can start one?

Karen

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Feel free to use this forum as a support group. It is a great way to connect with others virtually and could lead to telephone sessions as well as local in-person sessions. Have fun!

Wow, a support forum to get and stay happy. I live out in the boonies and don't ever expect to have a support group in anything. This would be wonderful to be able to interact as we step through this wonderful program. This is one of the most profoundly effective 'action plans' to happiness that I have read. I'm my usual negative self still to a large degree -- but working on it and see there is truly a WAY to work on it. As I was listening to the action plan I realized that I was one of those kids raised in an environment where it was a negative thing to be happy -- "what are you smiling about?" was a common thing to hear. Like it was a 'bad' thing to be happy. Have any of you had a childhood like that? I know I was loved; but, there were serious limits as to their ability to raise a child in a healthy happy environment just for the sake of doing that! But, not to dwell on that -- on to solution, heh?

So I have a lot of work to do. I'm willing to do it though because of the great effect it has on me and my disposition. I fall back into the old behavior but it pops into my mind that I HAVE A CHOICE. I've never been effected by anything so much. And, I've read everything that has come out and gone through therapy for decades! This feels like it might have some good return on the investment.

Thanks and I look forward to talking and interacting with lots of you.

m

IF ANYONE IS READING THIS AND NEEDS SOMEONE TO WORK WITH TO ACTUALLY INTERACT AND START THE PROCESS TO FIND HAPPINESS - I'M READY TO DO THAT!!

I've just posted that I would love to participate in a support group. Would love to hear from you.

I noticed that all of the posts are very recent; so, I'm hoping we are all fresh from reading "Happy.." and are going to be

Excited to take the steps toward happiness...

Last edited by takinitslo; 03/04/08 02:21 PM.

Hello, dear Readers,

I visited the Tele- Seminar calls about "Happy for nor Reason", but what shoud be the fourth Tele- seminar is still the Third session I think.
I finished the book a few weeks ago.

I am from Munich Germany and here I have no chance to make a "Group", because the book is so new and only in English and not much friends understan enough English.

Yes, would be nice to support each other a little bit!

For example, the body- part of the book... In Germnay they measure the "Happy- Hormones" like Serotonin etc with a Urin- Analyse. The have no modern way to find out, if you have a lack.

So I started wiss "Schüssler Salze", bio-chemical salts, similar to Homöopathie. I found a good book in Germna, made self- test... AND found 4 salts that should make a more stabil mood and help me to get up better in the morning out of bed. I took them the second week now and I have the feeling it helpes a little bit already. Normaly you should take them as cure for a longer time.

So, here in the Forum are only a few people?!

Let us see how we could make here a Group?

Much kind regards from Munich, Germany

Carola

Last edited by CABA; 03/05/08 02:04 PM.

Great to hear from you. Sounds like you are on the path I am on. I went to the health food stored and got 5-HTP. Started 50 mg, felt immediate energy; but, a little jittery (nervous); so if that continues, I'm going to try tryptophan. I got the book Mood Cures that really helped with all this. Marci Shimoff recommends that in Happy book. She has a website to order this stuff too. moodcures.com

Look forward to hearing how you do in Germany with this. I bet the book will soon be available in all languages!

Hi Folks,

Takinitslo, it's great that you are so eager, and recognize that change is all a choice. My DBF was raised in a very abusive environment, and what makes it worse is that he was adopted into it. He could have had any type of parents, and somehow he got these. He's got a beautiful soul, and so much creativity and talent, and it gets easily hidden under junk that he carries around. Also has had therapy and has self-medicated with alcohol. Now he's getting to the point that he wants to take control back. And merely the thought of "It's all a choice" can be very empowering.

I'm still not finished my book, but I might just have to buy another copy so he can get on with it. I think if anyone can have an impact, it's Marci Shimoff, and her exercises are so wonderful. They just fill me up with warmth and sometimes a rush of happiness that's so powerful it brings me to tears. Good tears, of course, it's just that overwhelmed feeling of a feeling so big, you know?

I definitely have work to do myself, but I think I'm well on my way. My mum is a huge happiness inspiration. I'm very grateful to her.

I'd love to hear more about your journey as you grow. I'd like to share mine as well, and maybe keep people up to date on my sweetie, if he is ready to partake (or I'll just direct him here). I'm going to make sure I read a bit of it tonight to get back in touch. I'm starting a business, and most of my reading energy has been going to that sort of reading... business and technical... yuck! I want Happy for No Reason!

Anyhow, keep it up!

Becky

Hey everyone, I am so glad to see that Marci has created this space for people to connect to others who have read the book, Happy for No Reason and people who are interested in happiness. I think having the chance to connect to other people who share the same goals and understand the principles is vital. I have three books on happiness sitting right beside me and Marci's is the most comprehensive best resource I have seen! I read the book in January and I actually emailed Marci suggesting the possibility of a forum that would be a place for people to connect. Since that time, I have had such phenomenal success in my life that this is the first time I have been back to the website and I was so thrilled to see that the discussion space was here! I have also been using many other resources related to the Law of attraction and personal growth and development. I am happier than I have ever been. But I do want the opportunity to connect to other like minded individuals. My friends and family are not interested. It has been my own greatest wish to connect to others who do share my interest in happiness and optimism. So I am interested in participating in a group here on the forum. Count me in! I think we all will enjoy even greater happiness and success when we surround ourselves with other people who are positive and happy!

Kelley

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved