Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53718 05/14/06 10:40 AM
OP Offline

Is it necessay to have a gap between Qigong and sex both before and after?

I would think it appropriate but thought it best to check.

blessings,

Dean

I haven't seen a direct answer of the above question on this forum, so I thought I'd re-ask it...

A previous post (also called "sex & qigong") advocated moderation, but didn't specifically answer the above q.

An article I found elsewhere (
http://www.acupuncture.com/qigong_tuina/24rules.htm), under the sub-heading "regulate your sexual activity" says:
"You should not have sexual relations at least 24 hours before or after practicing Chi Kung..." and goes further to say "... As a matter of fact, many Chi Kung masters insist that you should not have sex three days before and four days after practice...."

What does Chunyi have to say on this?

Thanks...

burqhah #53720 10/29/07 10:28 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Burqhah,

Looking back at it,
Gallen's answer in the Sex & Qigong post is sound.

There are many layers to answer from with a question like this, and many "best" answers depending on one's situation, training, and goals.

There are many qigong books where sex can be used to enlighten, heal, and energize.

Look at what is your purpose/intent for the energy work (Qigong) before or after sex? How does sex figure into this purpose/intent? Are there sexual techniques that can be used as a vehicle to support and further that purpose/intent?

Much Love, Shawn

I feel we're not getting a clear answer on this question with the SFQ.. How does sex really fit in to the SFQ system? I'm not interested what some other Chi Kung-master thinks, since it's this system I bought and want to know how it works, according to it's master.

What *does* Chunyi have to say on this?

Hi,
Guidelines regarding the practice of SFQ is in the material. Nothing is missing relative to safely practicing SFQ. That is the simplest and most direct answer to your question.

I've taken all the levels in person, and I never heard of any restrictions brought up, regarding sexual activity.
Master Lin did address tantic sexual techniques at one retreat I attended, but this was 'additional' information for people so inclined, or having interest. SFQ is a specific qigong program, that is very well defined and complete, regarding the guidelines to practice. Regardless of what additional gems or tidbits of information he shares in person, that may draw from a broader pool of Chinese systems, culture and practices, the guidelines to SFQ remain the same, and as I said, anything you need to know to successfully engage with SFQ is in the material.

Master Lin does teach common sense, as well as qigong as a lifestyle practice. The avoidance of extremes is in the philosophy of any qigong. How does sex fit into SFQ? How does diet? How does one's environment? How does one's personal DNA and karma? Outside of the 'specific' practice as given, there are many lifestyle choices and situations that can effect one's state of being. Sexual activity, like many other aspect of lifestyle and environment, can be a factor, or not. As I've stated, SFQ doesn't dictate a specific sexual lifestyle for everyone, any more than it gives everyone a specific diet to follow, or location to live in. Some masters/qigong systems give specific sexual guidelines relative to their specific practices.

In the practice of SFQ qigong, one develops one's intuition, one's sense of self. One also comes to 'realize' wisdom, as well as a better sense of balance relative to self specifics. Over time, your practice will answer any questions you have.
I've practiced martial qigongs that have restrictions. They are 'very' different 'physical' expressions of working with energy. If I didn't follow the 24hr wait, I could feel it. I've never felt that restriction in SFQ, or as direct a relation between sexual activity and the practice. It has always felt to be, by comparison, an easy(compassionate)qigong, geared for a wide crosscut of people to be able to engage with, safely. With that, a practice aid of good, better, best, to allow 'anyone' to engage without limitation. Once engaged, as it is a transformational system, one makes progress from whereever point of ability you start at.
In general, obstaining from sex, relative to a qigong practice, is beneficial. So is a good diet and living in a beautiful, healthy natural environment. If absolutes aren't possible, which is the case for most of us, we employ the good , better, best measure to allow for engaging with the practice at any level, and benefitting from the practice. If one has had sex, or had a bad meal, or is living in a smoke filled space, there are aspects of SFQ practice that are always good to engage with. It isn't one physical exercise, and that one physical exercise subject to practice, relative to one's sexual activities. It might be visualizing the sun in a sore spot, asking your master's energy to help you accomplish something, removing a physical blockage from yourself at a given instant, or for a friend. That is more the essence of the practice. Compassion,
forgiveness(self),no limitations. All components of a spiritual
qigong practice.
If you engage in a tantric practice, just keep it separate from SFQ. The suggested guidelines for mixing practices, if one is doing that, is waiting a minimum of 30 minutes in between practices. It has mostly to do with absorbing the result of one's practice session, as well as in reference to the energy pattern one's created or engaged with in a specific practice. Maybe one practice has one driving in a forward direction, and another one prefers backing up. It is best to stop inbetween, before changing directions. This also speaks to the effectiveness of consistency in ones practice, and the benefit to something like a 100 day practice of the same thing.
Again, the bottom line is, the guidelines are complete, and in the material as given. If its not there, its not part of it. Nothing is being held back or not revealed, that you only find out if you directly ask Master Lin.
love,
gallen

gallen #69359 11/08/08 12:43 AM

thank you for your response gallen! that was just about what I needed answered \:\)

when reading my previous post I guess it came out a bit snappy, I apologise for that.

I have not yet received my SFQ material, (should arrive shortly) but wanted this question cleared in advance.

once again, thanks \:\)

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved