Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi
I've got a question about the small universe meditation. When I do this, sometimes I foget where abouts I am and where I should move the energy to on the next inhale. If I forget where I am, should I start where I think I am, or start again right from the beginning (the navel)?

Thanks

Richard

I’ve got a feeling that it’s important that the last OM of the meditation is at the Lower Dantien, which it might not be if you start again at the Lower Dantien or just guess where you are whenever you loose your place. The way Master Lin says the MWAA at the heart centre and the OM at the Lower Dantien is very distinctive and easy to recognise, so whenever I loose my place I focus on the heart centre for all the MWAAs and on the Lower Dantien for all the OMs until I can hear from his voice that we really are back at those two points and then I carry on from there.

Best wishes
Jo

Richard,
Either of your approaches are fine. It is not so important to always be at the same place that Master Lin is. In fact, for some people, he either goes to slow or too fast. You can still use his rhythm and energy as either "background" or motivating energy. Someone keeping a pace, but it does not have to be exactly yours.

It is not so important to have the OM's or Muah's the same place he does. However, I too sometime use Jo's approach (it works well on the old Small Universe recording, it is harder on the newer versions that SFQ Center now sells with SFQ Fundamentals), just because I like to. Not essential, but it works.

I also have used both of Richard's approaches: either just starting from where I last left off, or starting over from lower Dantien. You can also "hang out" on one center for a few breaths and then just pick it up when you feel ready.

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha richard1985,

An answer is to stay in your heart rather than your head. If that means that you just pick up with where you feel to, then do so. If that means to allow yourself to take another breath at the same location because Master Lin's Ohhm or muah is longer then your breath, then do so.

When he says "now we are coming to the ending," bring the energy ball from wherever it is at, around the small universe path to the lower dantain.

breathing energy into an area with an ohhm instead of a muah is like saying TOE-MAY-TOE or TOE-MAH-TOE. Communities or individuals may have a preference, but you still end up with a tomato, and the salsa along with your taste buds don't care in the end. It's all good! wink

That's not to say that various parts of the body are more receptive to, and respond more favorably to certain sounds or energies. I'm saying you don't have to concern yourself with it here, just trust in the universe and enjoy the meditation

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved