Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jstorme Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello all, I need a little help with the last parts of the Over The Wall technique.

My question is based in business,
"What's the best way to get myself motivated to get started confidently calling my real estate leads?"

I can imagestream just fine, even though it feels I'm consciously leading my imagination and not "seeing" anything, Nevertheless, after jumping over the wall and seeing my two answer spaces it was time to debrief and decode, I don't know if I did it right. So please look at my process below and see if I'm on the right track.

Since I spoke into a video camera on my phone as my external source, I typed into a txt file on my laptop my experience as detailed as possible to debrief myself on my experience.

In short, First Answerspace, I was standing on water as big as an ocean, with a shifting smoke mist ball hovering in the middle of it with rain coming out from underneath causing small ripples. When I touched the ball with my left hand, the smoke cleared a little to reveal a gold bright sphere, when I touched with my right hand, it just went thru the smoke and got wet. Out past the that ball was a small island with a lone palm tree on white sand. When I walked to the island, the ripples turned into waves as if gaining momentum from me walking towards the island. I climbed and swung on the palm tree but dropped off landing with my left foot on the water causing continuous ripples and my right foot firmly planted in the white sand.

2nd Answerspace: I'm in the backroom of an indian pottery shop, all I see around me is clay brown pots and vases with a yellow goldish cork in the tops. I walk out of the multi-colored curtain like door to strong smoke causing tears to my eyes, I look around and see a man smoking beside me. I walk out of the area to see the straight road ahead of me of nothing but like clones or replicates of the same exact man smoking.

Did I debrief correctly above?

Now to decode, I was asked to take a minute and answer questions while looking at my image like "How can I make sure that I’m understanding the correct answer here?”".

I was lost in what he was asking and got frustrated.
I was wondering, What Image am I looking at? Do I go back into my expereince and ask that question?

I need someone to explain that decoding step to me.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Include feelings in your debrief. How it made you feel is also a cue to your answer. Any body sensations. Example, wet, was it cold wet, warm, salty (it does feel different) When you touched the ball did it wind up having any texture since.

You make sure you understand your answer by doing a lot of image streams and working out your code.

If that were my image stream.

What was your answer before you asked the question, "how can I make sure I'm understanding the correct answer here"?

Pull up another image stream to answer the question. You'll get symbolism that is either positive or negative to you. Notice also your feelings and choice of words as you debrief your image stream they are cues to your code.

An example from my code,

Rigid, straight, upright all have similar meaning to describe a fence however there is significant difference in the message behind the word that popped out. E.g rigid can be a warning that it's too stiff, not flexible, unyielding. Straight can mean on a path, in line with the goal. Upright = can be snobbish, appearing to do the right thing, high morals.

In debriefing, I look for those cues, why I used one word and not another, How I felt at that point in the IS... (one very good reason for recording the IS) as it also cues me on the positive or negative of an IS.

Alex

I'm confused about debriefing. Do I transcribe my recorded description word for word?

He says something about a pen and paper, then something re-recording for 6 minutes with eyes open... I don't understand what I'm meant to be doing here.

All sorted now, I just need to keep going over it. Should not have panicked.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved