Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#66492 07/05/08 06:50 AM
OP Offline

Hello All,

I have been practicing SFQ for 42 days now with amazing results. Kindly clarify some doubts related to small universe.

Query 1#

I read from the manual/audio tape, the different energy centers traversed during the meditation. I understand that approximate visualization is fine but would like to get it as right as possible.

Front Channel - Downward motion:

1. Navel

Where should the concentration be? Right at the navel, behind the navel [Ming min point] or a little below the navel?

2. Bladder

Is this the sacral chakra that we need to concentrate on? I concentrate right above the genitals, in the pubic area. Is this the right place?

3. Bottom of the Torso

Now this is where my confusion is the greatest. Where exactly should one concentrate? Is it the Hui Yin point between the anus and the genitals?

Back Channel - Upward motion:

4. Tail bone

Is the concentration point at the upper end of anus, and the end of the spine i.e. where the lower body joins the torso?

5. Lower Back, 6. Kidney

How are these two distinguished? Is the point for Kidney right behind the navel?

6. Spinal cord, neck

Is the point of concentration lower end of neck?

The other centers seem clear.

Query #2:

Do we need to intentionally follow reverse breathing during Small Universe? Or just let go? If I let go, my breathing is generally normal and not reverse.

Query 3#

Classically, there are various other points taught by Taoists in microcosmic orbit. Does leaving them out give full benefit?

Query 4#

Does Master Chunyi Lin teach the bigger orbit or the microcosmic orbit at a higher level?

Thanks to all in advance...

Love and Light...
Sean

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Sean,

There are countless way to do the Small Universe/ microcosmic orbit. Some stop in less locations, some more. Others have sound, and still others only visualization. Some you have to stop at all 100+ points and not miss one, or start over.

KISS (Keep It Simple Sean)

Think of it as an area that the energy/light is going into and the excess is then leaving from.

For example:

Navel area (behind)

Bladder area (think area - there is a lot going on in that area)

Bottom of the torso area (yes, Hui Yin and the area around it)

Tailbone (think of the whole area included in the tailbone)

Lower back (think of the area above the tailbone and below the kidney area - take a look at an anatomy cart of the body with organs.

Spinal Cord (think the area around the C7 vertebrae)

Breathing: Once a person has the exercises on meditations down pat, they can integrate the reverse breathing. Most times I recommend one do it for the first three breaths and let it go for the remainder. That way they can practice it correctly a couple times, to let teh bosy experience it, and not be in their heads about their breathing "right" during the work. After a while in their training, they may notice they're doing it naturally.

The version of the small universe Chunyi teaches in Level One is the Small Universe he teaches in Level Four. As you develop the 6 keys to success (P.26 and the 3 Secrets(P.19), the more the meditation is "advanced."

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Thanks Shawn, this really clarifies my queries.

Love and Light,
Sean

Last edited by Tao is the Way; 07/10/08 02:26 AM.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved