Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah. Hello everyone.
I did an experiment for fun to test my photoreading abilities.
I grabbed my school's accounting textbook which has about 370 pages long and photoread it non-stop. And we all know how long and big text books really are, they aren't small like novels.

I prepared, stated my purpose. Than I quickly previewed the back and front covers of the text book and also the contents. Closed my eyes, mentally saying positive affirmations for photoreading. Stated my purpose for the session and my goals. Then I began photoreading.

During my session, I sat on my seat for the whole entire time, focusing on one textbook. I didn't get out of my seat to take a drink or to take a break, i was just simply photoreading it non-stop till I reached photoreading it the 40th time. I photoread my accounting textbook back and forth, correct side 20 times and upside down 20 times. During this experience, I've only missed about 35 pages overall and I saw the blip page 94% of the time. So I was on photofocus for hours.

The reason I chose to photoread my accounting textbook 40 times because I'm struggling with it and I want to be good at it.

So what effects would I get? Would I have a better understanding of accounting since I photoread it so many times? Would I get smarter? Should I activate the whole book? what should I do?

So many questions to be asked. I want to have your opinion as well on this issue. Thanks. And YES I photoread the book 40 times non stop and my eyes weren't straining.

Thanks, I'm looking forward for discussions.

Hi Markzor

Good to see your determination.

Don't you think it was a more than enough hard-work!!!!

Instead I'd suggest you one more strategy. I am using it for studying my system administration books and am benefiting a lot from the same.

---
Photoread it daily and SuperRead it 1-2 times daily spending only 2-3 seconds per page and see the effects. With this you end up finishing the book 370*3=1110 seconds=Approx. 15 min. So we can say that if you SR it 2 times daily you will be spending 30 minutes overall(Excluding PR time.) per day.

See the effect after 10 days when you would have SRed it 20 times.
But if you don't pay attention to SR and do only PR, its not going to be of much use because you are not making a gateway from your conscious to other-than-conscious storehouse of information. I think you are getting my point. So, if you do PR only, then the information will be in your subconscious mind only and you can't get it out without special conscious efforts(except accidentally). Also you want conscious comprehension so you have to activate it. It even better to spend 10 minutes additional for mind mapping. Create a giant mind map of your book. You will be amazed to see your understanding of the material at the end of a month.

I have also around 11500 pages n 32 books to study and am using similar strategies. I do PR 15-20 books daily and SR around 2500 pages equivalent. I spend around 1.5 hours on PR and 2 hours on SR. Its really paying richly as I find my understanding enhanced and memory sharp.

Happy SRing.
Ganesh

Learning Strategies Admin

Write down some trigger words and form some questions as well. Really you should start activating a non-fiction book of about 200 pages not related to schoolwork and not a textbook.

Why?

Because you can PhotoRead and superread a book with nothing going in.

Have you ever read a number of pages in a book and your mind was miles away only to come back and realise that you have no idea what you were reading?

That does happen with PhotoReading as well. That's why I keep stressing it's important to have a purpose.

PhotoReading a book more than once in one sitting isn't going to improve your understanding of the topic. One PhotoReading can do that, provided you have a purpose and the other important step when you have a subject you have difficulty with, don't rush it. Let it incubate if you can and if you cannot then make sure you know what you want from the book.

Alex

markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks a lot Ganesh, I'm very grateful for your suggestions and I'm gonna follow it with full force and intellect.
You've suggested me a method which sounds seriously workable. I'm gonna work through it, since you've been so successful with it's use. I hope it will help me like it has helped you with school life because my education is the key to success so far. Also your working style is excellent for photoreading. You photoread 15-20 books books daily and superread for conscious awareness. I'm in awed by how you photoread for your school text books.
Again Ganesh, thanks for your wonderful strategies. I'm in debt for sharing your knowledge to me which worked for you and I'm gonna do it towards my school books daily.

And also a big thanks to alex. I will always trust your opinion for my whole lifetime and I will always cherish your opinions. I've already went through the incubate period. I wrote some trigger words and some questions like you've suggested alex. Today, I superread up to 11 Chapters without any dipping. And whenever I photoread, I always provide a purpose at the beginning, without purpose I feel like I don't want to photoread. When I don't set a purpose for the session I would be photoflipping my books. And from this time on, I will only photoread the same book 4 times straight maximum.

This experiment was an intriguing one. Next time I would try something new. After a full night's rest, I had a vivid lucid dream about my old friends, but I didn't remember anything about absorbing accounting information. However, I dreamt about being in my accounting class seeing my teacher there. Not spontaneous activation whatsoever.

Thanks. photoreading for life !!!!

It has effects, if you photoread only and don't do SR daily. For me, it's much easier to understand a physics textbook after photoreading it a couple of times. I remeber that Paul writes in the book that with photoreading -even if you don't activate the material- you will understand things much quicker. Ever since I've been photoreading, I find I'm much quicker on the uptake, even much more quicker if I photoread the material. But make sure you photoread a lot daily. It doesn't matter what you're photoreading, the essence is to use your new skills.
But don't forget you will need activation, except if spontenous activation happens to you. The activation can be attending the lessons too. You will see that you will understand things much easier than you used to, see the essence, it will seem familiar to you. But you need to use this skill in order to achieve this level.

vajti

Yes daily, is spaced repetition not all in one sitting.

Alex

markzor Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks vajti for your awesome and wonderful insights about photoreading. I cannot believe that you photoread a physics books a couple of times and actually understood it, I wish I could do that. I'm pretty 100% certain that Alex can photoread a book once and have about 80% comprehension. Anyways, after I photoread a book, I have no understanding of what I just read. I'm impressed Vatji how your style of photoreading is very unique. Thanks for putting paul's quotes because you just want to make me photoread a zillion books without activation. Also Vatji, you've motivated and even inspired me to photoread books everyday, a lot of books in fact.

Also, thanks for telling me that there are effects even just photoreading a book and it could be understood by not even activating. From now on, I will photoread books before class so I have a high chance of activations.

Thanks vatiji for your wonderful insights. You should often post in this forum because you yourself is an experienced photoreader, it's great that you're posting in my threads which makes me happy and special. haha

EDIT: I use the word "THANKS" too much -_-"

Last edited by markzor; 04/03/08 03:28 PM.

Hey Ganesh,
Just curious if you ever rapid read or how you got to the point of mind mapping the technical books

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved