Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently received the PR Learning Course and have started listening to the tapes and doing the exercises. I do not have a good timer with a second had, I have an egg timer, you know the wind up kind. I tried using the timer on my computer but I have to look up to see the time and for a 45 second time period that just doesn't work. I just completed the second tape. Now, should I just keep going and forget about the exact time stuff or should I stop till I can get out and buy a timer that will work with this course? Or should I get the timer and start over? Paul says have fun with it and to do what works for you. I don't see how it will make much difference except timing the 15 seconds for the columns during the Super Reading. That has led to some frustration but I am past that now. Are there more timed exercises that are timed for such short periods of time? I could use a little guidence here.

Administrator
Administrator

Just keep going with it. Even a watch with a second hand you have to interrupt to have a look at it, you so the computers timer is enough.

An alternative method - if you have a tape recorder get a blank tape using your computer's second hand record the word 'start'. Watch the time on the computer while recording and say 'stop' when 45 seconds are up.

In all super accuracy isn't the point - its the general experience. So just keep going.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited January 25, 2003).]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boy, thanks for such a quick responce AlexK! I was hoping that would be the answer. This is a technique worth mastering. One other question, when I do the Super Reading my stomach feels queesy and I get a headache, will this go away after a while? I hope, I hope.... (I am drinking water) thanks again, Sandy

Administrator
Administrator

Yes, It sounds like a bit of anxiety. Probably because its a bit new to you. It will go away, just relax and have fun with it. When I learnt I made a deliberate pact with myself to goof it at first. (Make the mistakes and just notice them) It was so much easier going in to goof and then discover what was working at the same time.

Alex

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sounds like a good approach. I had decided not to expect too much from the first time around but I am having trouble not feeling my wants. I want this really bad. I think I might just put it away for a few days to give myself time to relax a little about it. Know that it is here when I am ready to play. Thanks again..... Sandy

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am really pressed for time right now and I am trying to squeeze it in. That is where the anxiety is coming from. - Sandy

Administrator
Administrator

That's why I decided I may as well goof at it. I knew the method works but experienced performance anxiety. It became a sort of resignation... 'oh alright so I'm tensed up and want to get this right the first time and I know feeling this way it just isn't going to work but I want to get through this course at least once asap so lets see how brillantly I can do it badly. '

Glad I did because by the 7th tape I PR'ed my own book and that's when it went wow for me. After 40 minutes I threw the book in the rubbish. Glad I used Photoreading to get through it. The book was one sentence the rest just kept referring back to it.

Alex

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awwwwwww nowwwww, I was comfortable with my decision to put it away for a couple of days. OK, tell me how long did it take you to listen to all the tapes and do the exercises? I am resigned to goof the first time... OK. I can't wait... I am back on the trail. I had picked out a nice paraliminal I was going to try out for the first time tonight. I have 3 hours till beddie-bye time so maybe I can do an exercise or 2. I am starting the 3rd tape as soon as I get done typing this. Thanks again AlexK!!! Sandy

Administrator
Administrator

Good on ya! Have fun with it remember to have fun with it

Alex

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just photo read my first book. I am taking the break before activating the book. It is starting to get late I am not sure I will go on tonight. I gave myself permission to goof. I cannot turn the pages the way Paul says to turn them. My finger just slides over the page without picking it up. I have to grab the corner. I tried yesterday after he said how to do it and I simply couldn't do it. The only way I could do it was to lick my finger so the page would stick to it. When I did that I couldn't maintain the rhythem. OH Well..... Thanks for the encouragement, I am pretty excited now about activating my first book. At first I felt a little let down somehow but now I am feeling pretty good about it. Only 10 more minutes!! Maybe I will activate it tonight. Again Thanks!! - Sandy

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved